Used 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe Consumer Reviews - 125 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Great Car!
By HUNTER

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Won't be disapointed

Honest 2008 Altima coupe 2.5 automatic review.
By Kyle Garrison

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is the first car I bought. I'm not gonna talk much about my story, just stick to what you wanna hear. The pros and the cons. I'm going to start out with saying I'm very happy with this car and I'm happy I bought it. I first bought it fully stock except with a nice spoiler on it which is a great touch to the already nice look the car has. It's a nice quiet car but not anything worth racing with. The interior is very nice looking and I have 0 complaints about it. There isn't any cool tech but that's okay to me. The exterior is very nice and slick. What I like about it the most is I find it unique looking, something not everyone has. It tops out at 111mph won't go any fastester. Here are the cons i have with the car. It tends to over heat easily which had me worried. Also the stock tires are awful. And It does not handle turns well. Those are my only complaints. Besides that it's a smooth riding car with a nice exterior/interior and a very smooth shifting transmission. If you want to make the car extra nice, loud, and worth racing with, put a stillen air intake, header, and exhaust system on. Runs great, sounds great, and doesn't over heat anymore. Definitely will be turning heads when you drive by!

It was the most perfect car I've had
By clock84

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my 08 Nissan Altima Coupe in 2008 brand new.
It was my first brand new car and I'm still in love with it even though I don't own it any longer.
I put over 50k miles on it in 3 years.
I took it on long drives from Omaha to Chicago and Omaha to Indianapolis.
The seats were so comfy that my butt was never abused.

The acceleration was always great even though it was a 4 cyl.
I had no problems getting around in the winter during some bad snowfalls.

The only reason I traded it in was because I needed to get a bigger car for a family.
When I think of my silver 2008 Altima I get a little tear in my eye as I wistfully remember how great of a car it was.

Seats, stereo, looks, feel, acceleration, handling, trunk space, sex appeal

5 years, 60k miles
By stevewaclo

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Noticed only one other review for a Coupe with some miles on it, so thought I'd share my experience. Took delivery in January of '08 and other than a broken limit strap on the driver door, the car has been flawless. Fuel economy on the V6 has been as high as 32 @ 70 (Hwy, measured several times at fill-up and around 20 in town with combined in the low 20's. Although designed for premium, I've used regular. Performance is excellent with some torque steer on hard launch. One track day, with VDC off, was a hoot. Excellent for long trips and plenty of room for skis, with the back seats down. Plus, it takes someone who knows the car to know an '08 from the current model.

Styling, performance and handling are excellent. Roomy interior, comfortable heated leather seats, automatic dual climate control, auto-dimming rear-view mirror and 6disk Bose sound have made for enjoyable travels. HID headlamps and LED lamps in the mirrors improve safety and visibility. Seldom use the sun roof but it's there when I want it. Keyless entry and push-button start are a major convenience.

Long reach back the seat belts and some interior finishes could have been softer plastic. Dual mass flywheel makes for somewhat abrupt clutch take up and easy stalls. Rear visibility is sketchy...use a spotter or get a back-up camera :-).

Love the Car
By queenb63

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought my 2008, 3.5 SE coupe new, it has great looks and ALOT of get up & go. I don't have 20,000 miles on it yet, planning on selling it to go with a bigger car will miss it when its gone...

Power

It does have a blind spot but I also have a convertible that has them so I'm use to looking over my shoulder.