2008 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Poor shock absorbers
By Gino on 12/02/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We live in a condo complex that has 5 speed bumps. The car scrapes bottom when carrying 4 passengers or if the trunk is full of personal items. Also have had problems with tire wear and more noticeable after having rotated the tires.

Pleased at 16k
By slingshot on 08/17/09 18:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bought car 3/08 and now have over 16k. So far no trips back to the dealer. Getting 24mpg in suburban driving and averaging 30-31 highway at 70-75mph. Very happy with gas mileage with all this power. Continental tires have provided smooth quiet ride to go with extremely quiet engine, which compliments a great sound system. Have found seats very comfortable for long drives. Gauges and buttons easy to use/follow. Trunk plenty spacious and nice having fold down split rear seats. Worth having the leather seats (heated - works great) and the other additional options like heated mirrors. Worth it. Debated between the 4 & 6. Worth it to pay for the 6 for the quiet and powerful engine

GREAT CAR
By KARL on 01/05/09 18:05 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The car is very comfortable and roomy. I have owned the car for a year now. Handling, brakes, acceleration are excellent. Parking takes a bit of prep because it is longer than the VW I used to drive. I would give this car a 9/10 rating.

Buyer beware
By fmosoy on 09/06/08 21:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Purchased this car after considering Acura TL among the usual suspects in the same price range. I wish I had sprung for the extra 5000 dollars, as it seems like a bargain after five months of ownership. Nissan's interior quality is shameful to be generous.This car has more rattles than Mazda I traded in. Panel gaps and sagging interior pieces are too numerous to mention. It is very fast and reasonable handling/ride and provides good 24.5 miles per gallon. Nissan has now gone on my never will buy again list.

Disappointed
By Jason on 07/19/08 13:37 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The vehicle is noisy and the ride is rough. I have been back to the dealership and they told me that tire complaints are common. Nissan is using sub-standard tires trying to keep costs down!

No Regrets
By Good choice on 06/23/08 13:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

It has been 3 months and 3 thousand miles since my purchase. The car rides smooth and quiet. I test drove a 4 and it had enough power but I was willing to sacrifice some mpg for a very quiet 6. I'm noise sensitive. Getting 24 mpg suburban driving, highway 28-29 with a ton of get up and go! Bose sound system is fabulous with the quiet engine. Interior feels very spacious. Dash not cluttered. Controls nicely positioned. Nice leg space. Trunk offers plenty of suitcase and stuff space. Good sight lines through rear window when backing up. The transmission is very smooth, quiet, and easy to get used to. No need for a stick shift.

A Satisfying Purchase
By smlly on 05/14/08 22:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

At first, the CVT is weird. But after a while, I got used to it and start to have fun. Semi-auto is responsive. I used to have a Prelude. The only different btw these 2 is one has V6, the other 4 cylinder V-tech, take your pick. Rear-view camara is very useful (at least for my wife). Plenty of power. 3 inches more head room than Accord & Camry given that I have a "longer" torso and it's more comfy in this than in those 2 cars. I chose this over IS 250 because of the big interior.

2008 Nissan Altima - nice car
By rclark on 04/21/08 13:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

First let me say I love this car. I have had 4 weeks now and it is fun to drive. My only problem with it is that the Nav and phone have most of their features disabled when the car is moving. It's a car, these features should work while you are in it. I am now forced to fumble with my phone if I want to make a call, that is precisely the reason I bought a car with bluetooth, so I could be safe and not have to do this while the car was moving. In order to access your phone book the car must be stopped. In order to pick a new destination you have to stop the car, please make it so the passenger can operate the toys

Chose A Winner
By Lou on 04/21/08 07:07 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

After shopping and comparing the same class vehicles this car won hands down! It's looks, power, handling and quiet ride together with the price is unbeatable. I bought the base 3.5 SE with the sport package and I might say there is nothing else I need in a car. Bottom line buy one and enjoy this winner.

Look out Europe, 3.5 rocks
By Big Papi on 04/10/08 11:52 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I've owned the BMWs, Saabs, and prior to those, Maximas. Honestly, for the money, you can't miss here. The engine is very strong at all speeds, exhaust has a muted but otherwise nice growl. Does not handle like a BMW or Saab Aero, but will walk away from most with its 270 hp. Car has a solid feel and fresh design. Big enough to actually carry normal sized people! CVT is so smooth and has a nice manual mode - first automatic trans I've owned in 22 years - its that good. Have to buy the option packages to get all the features you'll want, but do it dude!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.