Used 2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Altima
By PhilU

2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Have had my Altima a little over two months. No major complaints. Im coming out of a dodge charger so the ride is no way near as smooth. I began to experience a little rattling somewhere in cabin, I'm going to take it in for that. I cant stand rattles and squeaks. Fit and finish is great compared to pre 2007 models. Ride isn't as smooth as my 03 2.5 S altima.

Favorite Features

Bose, Navi and moonroof.

Suggested Improvements

Better suspension, Less road noise, and more durable plastics on doors. Body could be thicker and paint also that way parking lots dings aren't so easy to come by.

Fun to Drive!!!
By Paul499

2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car after doing tons of research for 3 months. I found a great deal and I have not been disappointed. This car is so fun to drive. The 6 spd manual is quick and sharp, and the power is endless. Mash the gas at 60 mph and watch the world turn blurry. Interior is spacious and comfortable, and the exterior styling turns heads, especially mine. I'm very happy with my purchase, and I would recommend it to anyone who wants the size of a sedan, the speed and handling of a sports car, and the technology of a BMW.

Favorite Features

Super-fast V6 and sharp 6spd manual transmission, intelligent key system, stereo iPod compatibility, front gauge display, exterior styling... Everything!

Suggested Improvements

Auto door locks, more supportive seats, but that's it.... I love this car and you will, too.

What a difference
By Jeff W

2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I recently purchased my 08 fully loaded V6 6Sp to replace my 350z, the quality of the car is a step up from the 350z which was priced higher when new. I also had a 2002 3.5 se 5 speed altima that I loved and this car is 400x better in every way. The feel, the quality of the materials, the options make this car a rich car for the money. The altima handles great and is plenty fast with bluetooth, navi, backup camera to satisfy my tech cravings. All in all I am extremely pleased with the car, although I miss the sweet purr of the 350z exhaust, but thats fixed easy.

Favorite Features

Backup camera, who knew this would be so handy!! Bluetooth allows you to keep both hands on the wheel, the navi is a step up from prior nissans and is nice. Build quality and interior material quality over prior nissans.

Suggested Improvements

Little more sound to match sporty looks and sporty drive. Nav should be able to be operated while moving (must be stopped to make it work).

WOW! Great car for the money
By Dero210

2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Well, I traded my 05 GTO for the keys of an 07 Nissan Altima due to a baby on the way and all I can say is WOW. The interior is very roomy with a lot of head and leg room and a great amount of places to stash your extra belongings (wallet, mp3, cell phone). Even though the power is not comparable to a 6.0L v8 GTO, it was way more then I ever expected from a 3.5L V6. My first vehicle was an old Maxima and Nissan really makes some reliable cars. Combine that with some nice interior and head turning stlye and you have one great car.

Favorite Features

CVT is great, good MPG, huge trunk, wonderful power (0-60 in 5.9s).

Suggested Improvements

None.

I like my new Altima
By Guruno

2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Have only owned a week, and came from owning a '97 Jeep Wrangler for the past 10 years, so my auto experience is rather limited. Needless to say, I love my new Altima. Very roomy - am 6' and have plenty of leg/head room. The back seats have comfortable space as well. The clutch is shorter than my old Wrangler's and the response is worlds better. The 270 HP is nice on the highway. Steering feels good at high speeds. The fuel economy is OK, but wasn't expecting much with the engine size. I like the layout of the internal controls, very intuitive.

Favorite Features

Keyless entry, button to start. Radio controls on steering wheel. Display readouts for MPG and outside temperature. Sunroof. Power seats, windows. Cup holders in the door and in the middle (can't have too many!).

Suggested Improvements

Would like to have a hidden 1/8" audio cable hookup in the front/bottom storage space for my iPod so I can close the door, run my IiPod, and not have any cables visible. Would like back windows to be able to go all the way down.