Used 2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Tired of visiting the dealership.
By Frustrated

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased my 2008 Altima new in 2008. This is one of my mistakes. I like the style of the car. I have spent more time in the service department than I would like. Recently my car is making a whining noise while driving over 60 mph. It stalled on the interstate and I had it towed to the dealership, they kept my car for 3 days and said they could not find anything wrong with it. I am doing research online at this time.

Favorite Features

The push button start.

Suggested Improvements

The transmission stalling.

Worst car we ever owned
By hubiedo

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

It is terribly uncomfortable on long trips as the seats do not have a lower back support. Poor interior design with the parking brake so close to the brake. We continue to have problems with the front brakes (replaced 2x) and shimmy when applied. The motor surges when accelerating from a stop. Rear antenna or wiring continually is causing bad radio reception and cd playing to skip on the cd's. We believe it is the wiring connection and have replaced the cd player 2x. Local radio stations will not play more than 15 miles from town.

Favorite Features

none

Suggested Improvements

parking brake moved away from brake pedal toward the left foot panel. better seat design.

Frustrated with Nissan headquarters
By Frustrated

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I absolutely love this car! This is the first Nissan that I own. I waited about 4 years to get this car and now that I have, the radio went out. Now, with me preferring the factory look, I asked Nissan to back me up with this, obviously, its a defect. Nissan made me wait 3 weeks and then finally told me that they would not replace or even discount a new radio. I think this is crappy since the car is a 2008. This will definitely be the last Nissan that I own, not for the product but for the service! It seems like they would want to back up their products but once you purchase, its in your hands!

No Mechanical Problems
By 08LasVenturas

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

We've owned our Altima since March of 2008 and haven't had one mechanical problem. It rides smoothly and quietly, especially with the CVT transmission. The exterior is sporty looking but the paint chips easily. The Key has been nothing but problems. One of the buttons is already missing while the paint chipped on another one. Not to mention it always sets off the car alarm unintentionally. The interior is nice looking and the dash is well laid-out. It also looks nice lit up at night. There are plenty of cup holders, but the plastics are cheap especially on the doors, where they are all scratched and damaged after only a year.

Favorite Features

Cool styling, Lots of cupholders, dash buttons are easy to read, roomy, reliable

Suggested Improvements

The interior materials are cheap and scratch easily, the key fob is a major hassle

Love it!
By Anna

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I've always driven Nissans. My last car was a Maxima, but I fell in love with the look of this Altima. The keyless entry is awesome especially when dealing with small children so you can have an extra hand rather than fumbling around looking for a key. I never thought I'd go from a V6 to a 4 cyl but the ride is real smooth and it still gets pretty good pick up. Haven't had any problems and never did with any Nissan I had. I put some chrome rims and grills on it and get compliments all the time on it. I'm definitely happy inside and out!!

Favorite Features

Keyless Entry, Push Button Start, Can't lock the key in the vehicle or trunk, smooth ride, Very Spacious, Multiple ChildSeat Restraint Hooks

Suggested Improvements

I dont know if it's only me, but my paint chips real easy the minute a rock comes up and hits it.