2008 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Still Very Happy
By Becca on 03/05/09 13:46 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I wanted a 6-speed 2.5 with Premium, and I special ordered it before they even arrived at the dealership. I was hesitant about Intelligent Key and the push-button start, but I really like both of them - especially the iKey for the safety factor. When gas was over $4.00 a gallon, I loved the 35 MPG I was getting on the highway! This is the nicest car I've ever owned, so I have very little criticism. I *did* have the whistling mirror issue, which the dealership quickly resolved. Also, my passenger seat shakes at high speed if nobody is sitting in it, and that can be somewhat distracting. No fix for that, I'm told.

Manual transmission issue
By richard keyser on 02/09/09 17:54 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I find the interior to be rather cheap for a car of that price range. The dash looks cheap and the ride is not particularly smooth. I had a 15 year old Saab prior to this Nissan and it had less road noise and drove smoother than my new Nissan. Also every time I try to shift into second gear the manual transmission gives me trouble. Almost have to force it into second gear. Very disappointed in my purchase. Dealership not very helpful in fixing the problem. First and only Nissan I will ever own.

Excellent purchase
By Darryl on 11/28/07 06:30 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I love everything about this car. It was an impulse buy for me but have no regrets. The moment I saw the car I knew I had to have it. The car drives very smoothly, and has some get up and go power. The gas mileage is remarkable!

Buy One!
By Keith on 11/27/07 21:00 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Traded in my 2003 Murano for the 08 Altima coupe with Premium and Technology packages. Drove Honda Accord, Civic, Camry; none compared. Much quieter, sportier, better features. Drives like a dream around corners and on fwy. Got MSRP out the door inc. Phantom recovery system. Added 6-yr. full extended warranty for $850. Love the Red exterior/tan interior combo. First tank of gas averaged 28 city/hwy. Sweet steering and CVT make it a dream to drive. Love the convenience of Intelligent Key, Bluetooth, and navigations system.

Great little car.
By jim on 09/04/07 12:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Recently bought the car for my wife. Have taken it on a few short road trips. Car is fun to drive, fuel economy was out of this world, powerful beyond belief.

I Love My Coupe!!!!
By stevesbabe on 08/02/07 10:05 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I first saw this car in a magazine and I told my husband that I had to have this car. That was at the end of May. By the 2nd week of July, I had purchased my new Altima coupe. I am so happy that I bought my coupe. It was the best decision. This is my first Nissan, and I will buy another and another. I love my car and I would not trade it for anything. People stop and ask me, "Is that a Nissan?" I of course say yes it is and it is mine. I have to see another coupe around here and I am glad that I was one of the first to buy it. Thanks Nissan for one awesome coupe.

Love it, Love it, Love it!!!
By Vicious on 07/26/07 13:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I've had my car for about two months and it's been nothing but fun. I've driven it around the city and taken it for a trip from Virginia Beach, VA to Pittsburgh, PA and back. The car's got zip and is so much fun to drive. For awhile during my trip back to VA Beach, I was getting 41 mpg, that is until I got stuck for 3.5 hours in DC for rush hour. I still ended up with 34 mpg overall. I'm very happy with my investment and being a Nissan, I'm sure it will last me for quite some time.

Where has this car been???
By rosborn on 07/17/07 15:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I recently purchased the Altima Coupe after going to my dealership to look at the Altima 4door. I saw the brochure and was smitten. I decided to wait until the sedan was released and I'm so glad I did. I added the Nav and Premium pkg. It rides like a dream. It's excellent on gas and has turned heads everywhere I go. I usually hear it looks like the GS but looks even better. This was the best car purchase I've ever made and I've made plenty.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.