Used 2008 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Reliable Car
By W. Wright

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought the 2008 basic model Nissan Altima in 2009 based on positive reviews from other consumer organizations. I sold it with 103,000 miles on it to get a lower mileage car. The car turned out to be a reliable car that can be driven for many more miles. It has an attractive, sporty look. It provided a smooth ride, quality audio, frosty air conditioning, and good brakes. The controls are easy to read and to figure out. I had no problems driving in snow or rain. The repairs were basically routine maintenance. The seats tend to be stiff. One time the driver-side window got stuck.

Honest 2008 Altima coupe 2.5 automatic review.
By Kyle Garrison

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is the first car I bought. I'm not gonna talk much about my story, just stick to what you wanna hear. The pros and the cons. I'm going to start out with saying I'm very happy with this car and I'm happy I bought it. I first bought it fully stock except with a nice spoiler on it which is a great touch to the already nice look the car has. It's a nice quiet car but not anything worth racing with. The interior is very nice looking and I have 0 complaints about it. There isn't any cool tech but that's okay to me. The exterior is very nice and slick. What I like about it the most is I find it unique looking, something not everyone has. It tops out at 111mph won't go any fastester. Here are the cons i have with the car. It tends to over heat easily which had me worried. Also the stock tires are awful. And It does not handle turns well. Those are my only complaints. Besides that it's a smooth riding car with a nice exterior/interior and a very smooth shifting transmission. If you want to make the car extra nice, loud, and worth racing with, put a stillen air intake, header, and exhaust system on. Runs great, sounds great, and doesn't over heat anymore. Definitely will be turning heads when you drive by!

sporty little economy car
By Chris

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car over 7 years ago, and it has taken us on several trips without any issues. Other than a new battery from time to time and oil changes often, this car has been great to us. Just recently, on a trip to Florida, I noticed the transmission was slipping a bit and the cruise control would not work because the sensor de-activated it, and the engine light came on. I pulled into a autozone store and they checked it quickly and advised that the transmission needed to be repaired or replaced. I drove the car a little slower on the last leg of the trip home without any problems. When I got home, I researched the site about complaints on certain cars, and discovered that the Altima had some issues. To my surprise the transmission had a 120Kmile warranty and my car had a little over 105K miles on it. I took it to Carriage Nissan in Gainesville Ga. and Alex, the service person gave me Great news. The transmission needed to be replaced and it was covered, 100%. He ordered a new transmission and the following day it arrived and I dropped my car off and was given a brand new Altima while mine was being fixed. two days later , my car was ready and just like they said, no charge and the loaner car was free. I cannot say enough of how well they treated me and Nissan's warranties are legit. I'm looking forward to a couple more years out of the car, and they definitely made that possible. This is the best 17 thousand dollars I ever spent.

The Altimate Altima
By Cheryl Altima

2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

It's not good for hauling around dogs.

The 2008 is GREAT!
By Katrina L. Williams

2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I brought this car brand new in 2008. I have Loved this body style of car since it first launched!! Having been a 4 cylinder girl most of my life, I wanted something with a little KICK, so I opted for the 3.5 SL. Black heated leather seats, Sunroof, 6 Disc Bose stereo, the works for that year. I have fallen in love with this vehicle time and time again. The take off is phenomenal and year to date, i've only had to replace brakes, Battery, and tires. I keep the oil changed and keep her exterior clean. Although she is a 'low-rider' she still proves herself to be worthy time and time again. I have never had any issues with the mechanics of the push start, although 7 years later, I am having difficulties with the motor on the windows (to be expected), and for some odd reason the back left passenger door is beginning to hold water when it rains. Other than that she is THE PERFECT VEHICLE. Gas mileage is ok, but I'm still loving the CVT transmission. When I first purchased her, she didn't get much play, as she was 'the second vehicle', but with just over 72,000 miles and daily commutes over 2 hours per day, she's handling Well.

• SUV