Used 2008 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews - 380 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Never Again
By Aaron

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I have never had a vehicle that has had as many issues as my Altima. In the last year I've had an exhaust manifold crack, suspension issues, cracked axle, seized brake caliper, rusted exhaust covers, window switch go bad, key fob fail, cracked windshield, and intermittent starting issues that several mechanics have failed to figure out what the problem is. This car is a money pit. All of my american made cars were much older with higher mileage and I never had nearly as many issues with those cars.

stay away
By Mart

2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

-Both head gaskets needed to be replaced at 62K
-Metallic sound upon acceleration at 88K
-New Basal vibration/sound when accelerating and decelerating

Though Nissan would be trouble free...Cannot believe the low quality of this vehicle. Never Nissan again...

happy to shutt my sister
By Ramirez

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

got my nissan 3 years a go same time my sis'.(lincoln) happy with the little car no major repairs amaze how much after market parts to upgrade the car are available my sis' was =( after lots repair on the first year of her luxury car,even for a 4 cylinder car is enough for city and travel (arkansas to florida) not much tech. for the year but my phone does everything this days well done paying the car thinking trading for a xterra so review please the quality before you buying just b'cse is v8 and has airshocks doesnt meant is better .. thanks

Reliable Car
By W. Wright

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought the 2008 basic model Nissan Altima in 2009 based on positive reviews from other consumer organizations. I sold it with 103,000 miles on it to get a lower mileage car. The car turned out to be a reliable car that can be driven for many more miles. It has an attractive, sporty look. It provided a smooth ride, quality audio, frosty air conditioning, and good brakes. The controls are easy to read and to figure out. I had no problems driving in snow or rain. The repairs were basically routine maintenance. The seats tend to be stiff. One time the driver-side window got stuck.

Honest 2008 Altima coupe 2.5 automatic review.
By Kyle Garrison

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is the first car I bought. I'm not gonna talk much about my story, just stick to what you wanna hear. The pros and the cons. I'm going to start out with saying I'm very happy with this car and I'm happy I bought it. I first bought it fully stock except with a nice spoiler on it which is a great touch to the already nice look the car has. It's a nice quiet car but not anything worth racing with. The interior is very nice looking and I have 0 complaints about it. There isn't any cool tech but that's okay to me. The exterior is very nice and slick. What I like about it the most is I find it unique looking, something not everyone has. It tops out at 111mph won't go any fastester. Here are the cons i have with the car. It tends to over heat easily which had me worried. Also the stock tires are awful. And It does not handle turns well. Those are my only complaints. Besides that it's a smooth riding car with a nice exterior/interior and a very smooth shifting transmission. If you want to make the car extra nice, loud, and worth racing with, put a stillen air intake, header, and exhaust system on. Runs great, sounds great, and doesn't over heat anymore. Definitely will be turning heads when you drive by!