So far, great car!
By erichards on
2007 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
Bought my '07 Altima (loaded) used w/38k miles in Dec '11. Started off on the wrong foot - had to replace battery (dealer covered) and front brakes (dealer didn't cover) in the first 10 days. Brakes weren't worn out, but had a pulsing feel under braking the tech wrote off as "slightly hazed rotors". I replaced them with high quality aftermarket rotors & pads, and they have been perfect in the 13k miles since. Since then, the car has been great, no other problems, just regular maint. I love the handling & power of this car, and the sound of the Bose system is the best I've ever heard from a factory unit. The seats could be a little more supportive, but for a sedan they're not too bad.
Favorite Features
That VQ engine, great handling for a FWD sedan, comfortable interior, Bose sound system that kicks a$$, huge trunk.
Suggested Improvements
Gas milege could be better (best hwy so far has be ~25, average had been ~22), seats could be more supportive, interior noise at highway speeds is a little more than I expected.
By goshawk58
on 10/26/12 05:46 AM (PDT)

This is a very supportive review. I hope I get little bit better gas mileage. Hope for close to 30 mpg. I bought this car last night and picking up on Sat. Traded 2010 Kia Optima V6 - very bad mpg. Best commuter mileage @ 20 mpg. I guess ok for a V6, but I needed much better. Its th 2.5 S and looks great. Say a prayer I don't have any problems. It has 75,000 miles on it.