Dealer Employee Review
By Johnny967 on
2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
I've been a Nissan dealership employee since 1992. My last car was an 03 Altima and I was happy with it... until I saw a white 07 in our showroom. I took one for a spin around the block and I knew right then I was going to own one. As the one responsible for processing warranty claims, I look at cars from a different perspective - not from what I like, but what can easily go wrong and how much it will cost to maintain. I can honestly tell you, Nissan put a lot of time and effort into this one to get it right. This one is a winner! It's hard to believe the Maxima is the flagship of the Nissan line when they released this beauty. Maxima will be redesigned for 08 but this is top for me!
Favorite Features
I purchased mine with the SL package so I have Bose, XM, Navigation, etc. I love the CVT over a transmission and it makes a 4cyl feel like a 6cyl when driving. Unless you're a speed demon, you do not need a 6cyl. There is sufficient passing power in a 4 on the highway.
Suggested Improvements
The car could use some sound-proofing improvements. Other than that, kudos to Nissan for a reasonably priced car with Infiniti qualities! As for Nissan, have parts available at the same time you release a new vehicle! Floor mats were missing in mine & they are on backorder! Why???????