Most Reliable Car I've Owned
By nolemonsplease on
2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)
We bought this car in 2008 with 17K miles on it and have been driving the heck out of it ever since. It now has 112K miles on it and so far all I've had to replace was the brakes on it. Got aftermarket ceramic brakes with nicer discs. MPGs are great. I currently avg 29.7mpgs driving conservatively but the 4 cyl respond quite nice when you need to pass. The paint on the roof and hood is starting to fade and it sucks since re-painting is not cheap but I also don't keep it in the garage. The Alternator might be iffy. Just replaced a batter and the brake and battery lights on the dash are flickering. Hopefully nothing too bad. Overall it has been the most reliable car I've ever owned!
Favorite Features
Push start is my favorite feature. The 17 gal tank will give me 500+ miles between fill ups
Suggested Improvements
I have the base model with cloth seats. The driver's seat is uncomfortable for my taste (I'm 5'11) and my lower back always hurts after long rides. Not sure if the seat is too worn after 110K miles but it could be better. Other than that the car is a great commuter.