2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
As my daily driver, the Altima is very quiet compared to the previous generation and gets great gas mileage (30.1 mpg avg) despite spirited driving tendencies (70+ mph, squirting through traffic). Now at 56K, it has been very reliable though there are several minor quality issues: A heat shield that rattles when engine is cold, air intake that keeps coming off and rear wheel well liner that keeps popping out - nothing that affects drivability or safety. For a midsize family sedan, the Altima handles surprisingly well but the electric steering is lifeless and OEM tires are horrid in the snow. I don't love this car, but I don't hate it either. It's a safe bet, just like Camry and Accord.
- Fuel economy
- Quiet ride (compared to previous generation)
- Sporty handling
- A/C and heat works fast!
- Intelligent Key
- Stock stereo is actually pretty decent
- Electric steering: effort is way too light
- OEM tires: great in dry/wet and quiet, but they suck in any snow condition
- OEM wipers: They streak/chatter even when new and don't last very long
- Styling: Could be more upscale in the details; car looks better from a distance rather than up close and personal