2007 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Immobilization Problems
By Lorenzo May on 07/21/08 08:40 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I had the vehicle for just under one year, when I started to experience power drain problems and complete "shut-downs". I have used roadside assistance four times in the last five months, since the car was completely dead. The dealership has tried to fix the problem, but they haven't yet. Other, than this 'major problem', I loved the car: great ride, great power for a four cylinder, great design, great fuel economy. I have had four Nissan's in the last 10 years. This is the only one with a major problem, however, this one is fully equipped with navigation, back- up camera, heated seats, and everything possible.

07 2.5s
By gbrums67 on 07/18/08 20:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The was an excellent choice for my wife. She drives 35 miles to work each way and she was looking for a car that got good gas mileage. We were looking for an inexpensive vehicle (under 20K). Looked @ Accord LX, slow acceleration and cheap looking interior. Camry CE wasn't much better. Nissan CVT is a smooth (excellent trans) and gives a feel of good acceleration. The car is a good combination of handling and comfort. It corners well, yet still has a smooth ride. The list for new was 24k we were able to get a used one with 5k miles for 16k. First fill up with mostly city driving it got 30 mpg. 35 hwy mpg is reachable with the right driving habits.

One year old and...
By wnyguy2003 on 06/29/08 16:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Still in love with it. I have the 6 speed manual and have gotten as high as 42 mpg, and this isn't a hybrid. I usually get around 35-38 mpg and that is combined city/highway. I do see that the cruise control helps a lot with the mileage. Love the way the car looks and feels. Could handle a little bit better in the snow as we get lots in the Buffalo area, but it isn't that bad that I wouldn't drive it or don't feel safe. I tried many cars before I bought this, like the Accord/Civic, Jetta (which was my 2nd pick), Madza3, Impala, G6... wasn't looking for a certain size, just what I liked. It has over 14000 miles on it now and can't wait to put on another 15000 this year!

Junk
By Paul on 06/24/08 14:07 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My first impression was very favorable - fun to drive, enough power for 4cyl, good MPG. Comfortable inside, although noisy. I drive to work 150 miles each day. After 12K miles problems started to come up like ants. Fuel gauge, airbag sensor, "service engine", battery, suspension, not to mention numerous other smaller problems. Several times, when I picked up the car from the dealer with one problem fixed, I would have to turn around and drive back because another problem popped up while I am taking car home. Talk to the dealer, talk to Nissan - they do not care. Going to trade it and never buy again.

Awesome Altima!
By zbarker on 06/19/08 06:35 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my Altima about 3 days ago and absolutely love it! It has a quick engine for a 4 cylinder and is very roomy! Am going down from a minivan to a sedan and love it. The amount of room is great along with the view out all the windows, everything is in good proportion. Am going out today to buy another fob for it, that intelligent system is awesome and the push button start. I feel when I drive it that I got a lot more for my money, I got a good price, good mileage, and am 110% happy with my decision. If you're trying to decide between a 2007 Altima, Accord, or Camry, go with the Altima - you won't regret it. What's great is the styling inside and out, push button start and peppiness!

Fun to drive
By nissanfixr on 06/13/08 18:27 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I am a Nissan master technician with 30 years in Nissan dealerships. I normally don't get too excited when the new models come out, but after attending new model training on the 07 Altima, and just sitting in one, it just "felt right", and knew I had to have one. Driving the 3.5 V6 was the clincher. I have had it for 18 months and 24,000 miles with no major complaints as far as reliability and drivetrain performance. It keeps up with anything off the line. After 30 mph, it really takes off. Use premium fuel or you will notince some slight hesitation in midrange RPM. Climbing long steep grades with the CVT is impressive when you're passing everything else on the road. A great car.

Fun to drive, great power!
By Brandon on 06/12/08 13:49 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Love the car, I never thought that I would own an Altima but when I saw the new body style I had to test drive it. Was planning on buying an 07 Toyota Camry S, but once I got into the Altima the power and push button start got me. Ended up with the white 3.5 SE w/6 speed. I always get compliments on the car. I drive the hell out of it and still get about 300 miles to a tank of gas. Overall itÂ’s a great buy and would recommend it anyone!!

I love my Altima
By altimalady on 06/10/08 16:09 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is the first time I've ever owned an import vehicle and I love it. I would never buy domestic again. My Altima is sporty looking, people stare all the time. Peppy and fun to drive. The 4 cylinder offers a lot of power and feels like a 6. I love everything about it. Huge trunk, great power and great appearance. Nissan really aced the revamp of the Altima!

Piece of Junk
By Bry on 05/21/08 08:35 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This was the worst purchase we ever made. I personally have owned 27 cars in my lifetime so I am good judge of vehicles. Although it looks great and is pretty quick. This car got poor city mileage and had nothing but problems. Passenger air bag did not work for 8000 miles until seat was replaced, brakes kept locking up and left rear wheel was about to fall off the car. Then before we could take it in the front windows were activated by thunder during a storm and when we came out the next day the car had 1 inch of water inside and the dash, console, doors and seats were soaking wet, basically like flood damage. I would not buy this car ever again.

Will never buy another Nissan!
By Brittany on 05/03/08 03:20 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is my first Nissan purchase and it will be my last. Two weeks after I purchased the car, I had to bring it to the dealership to have the battery replaced. A couple months later the service engine soon light came on and I had to bring it to the dealship. The car stayed in the shop all day only to find out they had to order fuel filler tube so I had to bring it in again! My paint is chipping, the electronic seat button on the drivers seat has fallen off, the arm rest on the interior of the car always pop out of place. This was a relatively low priced car, but these are things that should not go wrong in the first year of a cars life! Overall I'm not a happy camper!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.