2007 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
I LOVE IT I LOVE IT
By MRKING on 11/23/08 19:31 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased this car a few months ago and love it. This is the best car I've ever owned. I had an 01 Malibu 6 cyl previously, this car turns heads all the time. The CVT is the best 4 cyl alive . Quick on the highway and did I mention good looking.

Love this Car!
By Kenneth on 11/20/08 19:42 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have owned my Nissan Altima for a little over a year. Bought it new with the 2.5 for better gas mileage, but got all the extras included. I am glad I did. The car runs great and is so convenient. No problems to note. The ride is wonderful and fun to drive. With all the extras it often feels like a luxury car without the luxury price tag. And the gas mileage... are you kidding... it is awesome. On one vacation trip (driving mainly interstate) we averaged 36 mpg. And no we did not get the hybrid version.

Nice Car! Fun To Drive!
By Cones on 10/26/08 20:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I just bought the 07 Altima 3.5 SE with the CVT. Nice car inside and out. A little bit of a gas hog for mixed driving. But good gas mileage on the highway. Has good acceleration when and if you need it. It's fun to drive in manual or automatic mode. I get a lot of stares esp from the ladies!

CVT - Beware
By Steve on 10/20/08 08:11 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Just a word of warning for anyone wanting to keep the CVT Altima for any length of time. My CVT just imploded with 46,000 km on it. Maybe warranty they say, maybe not. Takes two days to do the paperwork to get the new transmission approved... if it gets approved. Not impressed. The car is very noisy when driving and lurches when going downhill. I will never buy another CVT again. I can only imagine the cost of replacement for this thing. This will be a real cash cow for Nissan as the trannies start to fail.

Disapointed!!
By HATE THIS CAR! on 10/20/08 07:16 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I traded in an suv for this vehicle because I was looking for something with better gas mileage, saw the window sticker on this car and thought it was good, it says 34 highway, it's more like 20 highway! The paint started peeling off my bumper at 1,000 miles. I have had my brakes fixed 3 times for squeaking issues and the car only has 13,000 miles on it. If you have a problem don't waste your time trying to call Nissan Consumer Affairs, they don't return calls. I have owned many vehicles and this is by far the worst! The car rattles, my cd player screen goes blank, it's just not a good vehicle at all, especially for the price. Never again will I buy another Nissan!

awesome
By cali_altima on 10/06/08 20:59 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I recently bought my 2.5s and I'm so satisfied I have had absolutely no problems and keep finding cool new features that my car has. It is so fun to drive and the stereo is awesome. I'm so glad I went through with an Altima. If your shopping for a car you should seriously consider an Altima. You wont be disappointed.

Unresolved problems
By dianne on 10/02/08 16:56 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Brakes squeal. Popping sound from front wheel area sounds like the strut when turning engine clatters as if out of oil. Steering wheel and passengers seat vibrate. Stereo has cuts in and out, speakers have a lot of static at times. There have been times radio would not come on at all after a car wash. Dash and front right door rattle.

Amazing
By Charlie on 09/26/08 14:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Trading in my '04 Altima 2.5, I was very excited to get the V6. Man, can this thing fly! The handling is superb, turns at high speed are easy and it's very comfortable. I love this car.

Altima 3.5 6-Speed
By Robert Neal on 09/12/08 09:48 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I love my 2007 Nissan Altima SE with the 6-speed transmission. It handles like a dream and can accelerate as quick as anything that I have driven. I am getting close to 27 MPG even though it is only supposed to get 19/27. I love the fact that I could get a reliable mid size sedan with a 6 cylinder engine and a manual transmission. It truly is a sports sedan that Honda and Toyota don't offer; a 6 cylinder with a manual transmission.

Completely Unreliable
By New Honda Owner on 08/05/08 06:35 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

We loved the styling and perks of the 2.5SL, and we loved the car for the first 2500 miles. Its been downhill fast from there- the car has been in the shop about 10 times in the first year of ownership. In addition to many smaller issues, we have had the transmission replaced, the exhaust pipes replaced, and the computer reprogrammed three times for a very rough idle. The car rattles like an old chevy truck, and they can't figure out why. Isn't legally a lemon, so we traded it- for a Honda. Will NEVER own another Nissan.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.