Used 2007 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Hotshot Altima 3.5SE
By ash

2007 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Great car to own and drive. Its fast,quiet,smooth amd sexy looking!CVT gives it a smooth takeoff and it just keeps going! Interior is well built,however, there seems to a rattle noise fron the rr speaker mounting panel on rough roads.It is annoying and 3 Nissan dealers failed to fix it.I have learned to listen to loud music when driving on rough roads! Unlike the previous model of nissan Altima(2002-2006), the steering turning angle is great and the tires easily last for 35k miles. Maintenance cost is very reasonable and so far had very little warranty work done. Definitely a car to be proud of.Go buy one and see for yourself!

Acura Sound System would be an upgrade for this car,not that the existing one bad. Get rid of the RR speaker panel noise.

2 years and going
By Gus

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Got a 6-speed manual in Oct '07. Loved driving it fast. Mileage is great compared to my wife's minivan (I avg. 24-27). Since it's a 4-cylinder, not very powerful but it gets the job done. Also, got the manual because the wife doesn't know how to use it; hence, I drive it all the time.

6-speed manual. Saves a lot on gas.

If a six-cylinder were available that avg. the same gas mileage as my four- cylinder, I would've gotten it instead. Bless you Nissan.

Pretty too look at but....
By minnesotaboy

2007 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I just bought this car, 2007 Nissan Altima, SE, 3.5, manual with all the bells and whistles. It is very fun to drive, looks sporty, and has a lot of nice amenities. However just 2 months after purchasing it, I've already been to the shop over 10 times! It's just little things like the TPMS sensors, shifter cable, door seal leaking, wipers mal-adjusted, rotor squeaking(and not due to brakes), and the list goes on. I am very concerned about how this will affect my pocket book when warranty runs out. My advice, spend the same money and get a very nice Honda or Toyota..wish me luck as i'm about to hit the end of the 3yr, 36,000 warranty.

sporty look and feel, fun to drive, gps, backup camera, leather heated seats, 6 disc changer, aux input.

build quality!! If it wasn't for my warranty, i would have already dropped over 2,000 on repairs alone, and it's only 3 years old(32,000 miles)!!! very poor quality control here. gas mileage could be better, but it does boast 270 horse.

Couldnt ask for anything more!
By Jenn

2007 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I shopped for months uapon months for a new car. This car is amazing. I paid 19,500 and it has everything but Nav wich is not a big deal to me anyway. V6,Rides smooth..and its so eye catching. Black on black. I considered an acura TL but it just didnt have everything i wanted for my budget. Everyday I drive this vehicle.. i still cant believe its mine. I had such a hooptie! But you def get more for your buck! Only issue was i had to replace my smart key battery and had to go to a nissan dealer to do so. It was about 5 bucks.. but no biggie. Amazing car!!

Heated leather seats.. the blinkers on the outside mirrors.. the bose system is nuts! And the body style is beautiful. This is just a sharp car all around.

ummm.. If i have to say anything.. it would be the gas mileage. I just have to get use to paying 40 bucks to fill the tank versus 20 in my 4 cylinder.

Problems with CVT
By Alex

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Don't buy Altima with CVT if it does not have ABS. The issue occurs at speeds over 45 mph. If you slam breaks so they lockup until car comes to complete stop transmission locks up and throttle is stuck for up to a minute at a time. Nissan refused to correct this issue saying that this is intentional to protect transmission. It happened to me at intersection and I was able to duplicate this every time at will. I have traded my car and bought a new one.

Car is fun to drive, Fuel economy is great over 27 mpg. Styling is great