2007 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Great Car
By Aaron on 04/11/09 11:23 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car used with 19K on it after cross shopping many other models. Great car for small family (< 3 kids). This car is a quick performer with a sportier ride than many competitors (e.g., Camry). I get better than advertised gas mileage with the manual when I am easy on the gas. The controls are logically laid out and easy to use. I like the keyless feature (it's even easy to replace the FOB battery), but HATE the FOB itself (see below). I have driven manual trans. cars for years and years, but this one is very difficult to drive smoothly, especially from 1st to 2nd. I suspect that the gear spacing is just poorly planned. With the exception of the FOB this is a great car!

No Disappointments
By Brian in Ohio on 04/02/09 18:57 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Let me first say, I get a new car about every 2 years, because I get bored easily. This car is everything I had hoped it would be. It is loaded with the 3.5SE, 270hp, leather, and navigation. It had 32k miles, but drives like brand new. The comfort is excellent, but could use a little softer seats. The performance is up there with the best. It competes with most BMW's, Mercedes, Jaguars and other high dollar vehicles. Braking is better than others have given credit. Handling on the SE is excellent. Controls/interior design is perfect for me. Overall this car is outstanding. I see keeping it in my driveway for a long time. Now my wife wants one after owning a loaded 06 Passat.

I'm happy with it.
By Noel on 03/17/09 11:57 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car used with about 19,000 miles on it. I was really surprised at the power of the 2.5 liter 4 cylinder. It's much peppier than I would have expected. The gas mileage has been good too. I average around 23 in town and 34 on the highway. The brakes are really touchy and grabby though. I'm hoping that will change with new brake pads. Also the seats could be more comfortable, but I'm getting used to them.

Buyer BEWARE !
By Don on 02/23/09 20:55 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Have you ever had to push your "new" car out of the garage so it could be towed to the dealer? 23,000 miles and we have done it twice. Key fobs and push button start are junk. Recalled with less than 900 miles to "remove" noisy heat shield. CVT has never felt just right to me. Road noise is horrific. I would not suggest the purchase of this vehicle. The fuel mileage is extremely over rated, city and highway.

Not Pleased
By br on 02/23/09 19:57 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car brand new at the beginning of 2008 however, I purchased the 2007 model. I have 29,000 miles on the vehicle and Nissan has had three recalls on the vehicle. This is important depending on where you live. I could not renew the cars registration until one of the recall issues had been taken care of in my state. I have had my brake calipers replaced already as well. This is my first foreign car, and I am not pleased.

Love my Altima
By rps on 01/31/09 17:08 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Got my 2007 Altima new in 2007, and now have 30,000 miles without any issues. Quiet, comfortable, economical, and reliable. I have the 2.5 engine with CVT and get about 22 mpg around town and 35 mpg on open road. The CVT is a great invention because it allows small engines to provide power or economy, depending on driver demands. This is a "drive by wire" vehicle since the accelerator goes to the computer, not the engine speed. The 2.5 engine is adequate and uses regular gas so don't waste your money on the 3.5 engine that requires high test gas. If something happened to this car, I would definitely get another Altima.

Good Car, BUT Mileage is INCORRECT!
By Riffkid77 on 01/19/09 14:20 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Car is great looking with the new style. Power is stolen by the CVT. Gas mileage is also extremely incorrect. Whether you drive with a lead foot, or as conservative as can be, your city mileage will be no better than 21. Highway is correct but city is not! Great quality car, yet the mileage situation turns me off.

Good car but has flaws
By stingray312 on 01/04/09 12:16 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

It is a good little car. It has good acceleration even with a 4 cyl. It is good looking and stylish. It does not get the gas mileage that the tags said, but I had already known that none of Nissan's vehicles get what the tags say. The paint chips easily and it rusts easily when the paint is chipped (keep a bottle of touch-up paint on hand). Plastic cowling on bottom of car makes it a pain to change the oil by yourself. The intelligent key and push button starting are great features (I have to keep my friends from playing with the door locks though). All in all, it is a good little car that will work well for you as long as you pay attention to it once in a while.

Fun to drive
By rayy on 12/17/08 07:33 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Great car, but with the standard seats it's not comfortable on long trips--no lumbar support, and the head rest pushes your head forward in an awkward position. But I think that is typical of most cars nowadays. The tires typical of Nissan OEM tires only lasted about 36K miles. Great acceleration esp. considering mpg which is 27-28 on the highway. The main beef I had when buying this car was that you are forced into buying a $10K "technology package" if you want the nice stereo with Sirius radio. The standard stereo does have an mp3 jack which I use for my Sirius plug-in. Electronic key is great & prevents locking your keys in the trunk.

Love it so far
By Jeff and Mary on 12/08/08 14:12 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We have only had the car for 2 weeks (bought used with 23k miles) and so far love it (made a 650 miles trip in it already). We got the 2.5SL loaded with Navigation. Nav/Bose is wonderful. Love the CVT, but it can be a little jerky at low speeds. Styling in/out is top notch. Quality seems great so far. Very smooth on the highway. Got 30 mpg on our road trip, expect better in warmer weather without reformulated gas. Seats are very comfortable for long trip. Car is very sporty compared to the Impala we traded, like the "quick" responses of this car. Peppy for a 4cyl, at least as quick as the Impala V6. 4cyl is a little noisier though, especially when cold. Reliability A+ so far

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.