Used 2007 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Altima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Most Helpful|
2007 altima fails to start
By shirley

2007 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased my car brand new, I have very low kms. 7500 kms. 6 months after the car would not start, they put a new battery in and now another 5 months later the problem returned. The dealership says there is nothing wrong, but I even had to buy a portable booster to carry with me at all times. They refuse to fix the problem and tell me that its my fault that I don't drive it enough, even taking it out for over 20 minutes on the highway the car will not start the next day. I have had two other mechanics tell me that is is an electrical problem and to keep on taking it back to nissan to have it fixed. they will not do anything further, even though the warranty has over 1 more year.. not happy

Mixed Review
By rgc

2007 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My Altima was a previous rental with 17,000 miles on it. I loved it until recently. There has been a problem with the transmission, I have already had it replaced twice in less than 14 months! Also the stereo has had to be replaced due to buttons not functioning and the lights flickering on the screen and not the new one is starting to do the same thing :( Thankfully it was all covered under warranty. I will most likely sell the car before the warranty expires so that I will not have to fund these expenses next year when the transmission needs to be replaced AGAIN.

Favorite Features

comfortable, good on gas, great body look

Suggested Improvements

fix transmission error and stereo

Hoping for the best - Beware of catalytic converter
By ams5db

2007 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought a 2007 Altima 2.5S 4-cyl from a private seller in July 2011. It had 117,000 miles on it, mostly highway. The car was in great condition and I even had it inspected at a shop before buying it. About five days after driving it, the check engine light came on. I thought there couldn't possibly be something wrong with it already, so I manually turned the light off and waited...two weeks later, it was on again. The catalytic converter was the problem and I had it cleaned out, but was told that it still may need to be replaced. Everything was fine for about 3 months, but the CE light just came on again at 121,000 miles. I don't want the engine to get ruined, so I'll have to fix it asap.

Favorite Features

Drives smoothly Dual temp controls Roomy interior and trunk space Heated leather seats Door lock/unlock button on front driver's and passenger's side (no need to search for the remote to perform this action) Built-in code reader for diagnostics checks Push-start ignition Auto-tinting review mirror Excellent turn radius

Suggested Improvements

Windshield fogs too easily during rainy days Center console rattles when someone is resting their arm on it - very annoying Settings for defrost are configured so that the AC automatically turns on and you have to remember to turn it off. You also can't defrost with just the "recycle air" button on and not the AC - if you push the recycle air button, it automatically turns on the AC when the defrost setting is on. You can turn off the AC button, but that also turns off the recycle air button, so you have to defrost with the vents open and exhaust coming into the car, unless you want the AC on in the middle of winter. :( Very confusing and annoying.

Most Reliable Car I've Owned
By nolemonsplease

2007 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

We bought this car in 2008 with 17K miles on it and have been driving the heck out of it ever since. It now has 112K miles on it and so far all I've had to replace was the brakes on it. Got aftermarket ceramic brakes with nicer discs. MPGs are great. I currently avg 29.7mpgs driving conservatively but the 4 cyl respond quite nice when you need to pass. The paint on the roof and hood is starting to fade and it sucks since re-painting is not cheap but I also don't keep it in the garage. The Alternator might be iffy. Just replaced a batter and the brake and battery lights on the dash are flickering. Hopefully nothing too bad. Overall it has been the most reliable car I've ever owned!

Favorite Features

Push start is my favorite feature. The 17 gal tank will give me 500+ miles between fill ups

Suggested Improvements

I have the base model with cloth seats. The driver's seat is uncomfortable for my taste (I'm 5'11) and my lower back always hurts after long rides. Not sure if the seat is too worn after 110K miles but it could be better. Other than that the car is a great commuter.

2007 Altima (3.5 L )
By peses

2007 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have owned my car for 2 years. Overall Nissan made a great car! Starting with the exterior, I find the car sporty looking especially with the 17" rims. The interior is put together very well. Mostly soft touch materials and no rattles. The Bose speakers and absolutely amazing, the best I've heard for stock speakers. I just reached 200,000 km ( 125,000 miles ) and the only problem Ive had is the tire light malfunctions. I would recommended this car to anyone!

Favorite Features

Interior styling ( soft touch materials and high end feeling ) Bose speakers 3.5 L V6 ( excellent power and good on gas ). ( 10L /100 km ) Takes corners like a sports car

Suggested Improvements

Very low to the ground ( especially a problem in winter ) Rough ride on uneven pavement ( you feel the bumps ) Bluetooth doesn't always work