Used 2007 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Altima

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Great Car
By Gary

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Smooth, responsive and faster than you would expect from a 2.5L. It gets optimal coasting mpg at any speed because of the CVT. The CVT is the heart of the performance and MPG of this car.

Favorite Features

The headlights are very bright and cover more road than most cars. The brakes and gas peddles are very fast and responsive.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe slightly more insulation ,but that would take away the ability to hear the engine. Road noise is only a problem in Oklahoma out of state it is silent.

Transmissions are the downfall
By Charles Abourezk

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

A great car other than the transmissions. I have had to have the transmission replaced twice while under warranty and now Nissan has extended the warranty on the transmission in recognition of this. Nissan of North America's customer service is terrible. The second time it went out it cost me about $1900 out of pocket as I was on vacation at the time and had to leave it in another state for over one month. They refused to pay anything for this and I was on my own. Advise against buying this otherwise sweet car because of that experience. I would have been a loyal Nissan person forever if not for this experience.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage and power.

Suggested Improvements

Customer service and transmission.

HOPE 2010 ALTIMA IS BETTER
By HOPE 2010 IS BETTER

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

2007 Altima 2.5SL, 6 CD Boss System, 53200 miles on it - I get 26.3 miles per gallon combine city and highway, not quite 32 as they claim. The road noise if terrible, it seems Nissan decided to build the door panels, and entire car with as little or no sound insulation, very cheap. The seats are very uncomfortable on long drives 30 min. drive. I hope they have improved these areas and other areas consumers have complained on since the redesign in 07. Otherwise, what is the point of reviewing this vehicle. Nissan invest some quality material on making a good product and don't rip people off with cheap products that are not worth more then 24K, even at 24K the Nissan Altima is not worth it.

Favorite Features

Touch start, keyless entry.

Suggested Improvements

If nissan wants repeat consumers, they need to improve the following; cabin road noise, gas consumption 23/32 more like 30/32 on base model, Engine is too loud, make seats comfortable,

Nice Choice...
By SW

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The 2.5SL was my first "new car" purchase. I love the look of the car and the way it drives, although I should have purchased the 6 cyl. instead of 4. I didn't get the navigation system, but other than that it's fully loaded (bluetooth, leather, 6-cd changer, bose sound system, sunroof, etc). The car has been very reliable for me; no repairs needed other than recalls, BUT there were/are a LOT of recalls. The day after I purchased the car, I found out about a recall and had to go back to the dealership (would have been nice if they told me before I drove off the lot - they could have just kept it for a couple more hours to fix the problem). I plan to keep this car for a while.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, Smart Key, heated seats, very comfortable, good trunk size. Also, as you're approaching the car, if you press and hold the unlock button the windows roll down.

Suggested Improvements

Dings and dents too easily (my old Saturn never had this problem). Too many recalls. Floormats should be sold separately instead of in packs of 4 (One of my floormats is worn and the other three still look brand new. I'm not paying $100+ to replace all four).

2007 altima fails to start
By shirley

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased my car brand new, I have very low kms. 7500 kms. 6 months after the car would not start, they put a new battery in and now another 5 months later the problem returned. The dealership says there is nothing wrong, but I even had to buy a portable booster to carry with me at all times. They refuse to fix the problem and tell me that its my fault that I don't drive it enough, even taking it out for over 20 minutes on the highway the car will not start the next day. I have had two other mechanics tell me that is is an electrical problem and to keep on taking it back to nissan to have it fixed. they will not do anything further, even though the warranty has over 1 more year.. not happy