Used 2007 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Great style inside and out!
By Rob

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I just bought this car but since I live 3 hours away from the dealership, I have had that much time behind the wheel. I traded a 2003 3.5 se for the 2.5 S. That power difference from the two are like night and day, but I saved a few thousand and am overall happy with my purchase. The new style is better than anything in it's price range. It actually looks better in person than in photos. I chose the 6 speed manual over the CVT, I drove both but the CVT did not offer that same sporty feel as the manual. Overall, if you want a greal looking reliable car in this price range - this is it.

I still can't believe how great this car looks. I'm sure the "awe" will wear off eventually, but it beats all other competitors in styling both inside and out. The 2.5 is not fast, but it never feels lost for power.

Options are too expensive.

No Regrets
By John R. Poirier, Esq

2007 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I love the new car. Have had it for a week and it is every bit as fun to drive as I'd hoped. Best of all, since I sprung for the window security etching and the lojack, the discounts we got on our auto insurance makes it no more expensive to insure than what I was paying for my corolla. I haven't really pushed the engine much, but I can tell that if I did punch it, I'd be pressed back into my seat. It rides and handles very similiar to my wife's more expensive BMW 325is. In other words, it corners like it's on rails. Ride is stiff (sport suspension) but the roads here are pretty smooth, so no big deal. Steering is very precise, not mushy at all. I'd definitely recommend the car.

The fit and finish quality is excellent. The layout and handling are near perfect. The push button start is cool and never gets old - a constant reminder that I'm living in the 21st century!

The shifter throw is a little longer than I'd like, but it too is precise and fairly effortless. Sound insulation from road noise could be better (not Lexus quality), but isn't bad.

Too Soon To Tell
By susan

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Just a few days of ownership and have mixed feelings. Glad we went with the 4 cyl., power and handling seem fine. Traded a Murano and that car was so much heavier than the Altima along with quieter. Drove on the highway in pouring rain and one would think we were in a tin can. The interior compartments are loud with our belongings rattling around. Even the side door panels feel cheap. Haven't found my Bose system to be anything special either. I do love the keyless entry. Love the navigation, much improved from our last one. Gas is too soon to tell, hoping it gets better. Perhaps I'll enjoy it more as I get accustomed to it.

Navigation, keyless entry, lumbar, outside features.

Adjustable pedals would be nice. Better interior materials and more open storage. Quieter inside cabin.

Great features, great value, great car
By Matt

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The 2.5S with convenience plus package gives all the "must have" features at a reasonable price. Great bang for the buck. The CVT engine is very smooth. Mileage is great, 28-30 mpg so far with mostly city driving, yet the car has plenty of pickup to accelerate onto the highway with ease. Keyless entry without having to take the key fob out of your pocket and push button start is great novelty feature that comes in very handy. Both front and back seats are very roomy on inside, seats are very comfortable. Could not be happier with our new Altima!

Truly keyless. CVT. Gas mileage. Price for all the features you get. Nissan build quality.

Added heated cloth seats to the convenience plus package. Reshape the side view mirrors, they are an awkward shape which makes for a small viewing area, just takes some getting used to.

Fast, Fun Car
By glotzbpa

2007 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought this car instead of a 350Z. Wanted something fun to drive that was practical. The engine is every bit as strong, and the suspension is nicely tuned.

3.5 V6, wheels, push button, CVT.