2007 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Better than my 05 altima
By Blackhaus50 on 05/17/10 16:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Great car, lots of room for the driver and in the back seats for adults! Lots of power with the 3.5

Another great Altima!
By Big Ben on 04/26/10 07:26 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is my 3rd Nissan Altima 3.5SE and I have loved each of them. My other 2 were both 2002 models with the 5 speed manual. This one is the CVT and doesn't have the same throttle "GO" feeling although it packs 30 more HP. The interior is a HUGE upgrade and is more refined. I LOVE the bluetooth feature and the heated leather seats. The BOSE stereo is better than the previous models. This sedan is still a sports sedan, but doesn't look at good and isn't as fun the drive as the 5 speed models. Overall I love this car!

Best car so far
By ecollazo on 02/20/10 21:56 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This car rocks! As a student, this cars trunk is roomy!, fits 3 very comfortably in rear seats. The fuel economy is the best! The design could of been better...and needs something to make it stronger for hiway takeoff. Other than that..I love this car and recommend it to anyone. B+ for nissan.

Hmmmm...well
By Cafasco on 02/09/10 19:59 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Lots of room...luv the large trunk. CVT makes the 4 feel like a 6cyl (up to 65mph anyway). Doesn't help it sound any better though. MPG is pretty good @ 28 mixed driving, but stinks on the freeway over 65mph; quickly drops to 24ish at 75. It's not much fun to drive faster than that. It does handle the curves well, but road noise is more than I care for. It's great for around town and going the golf course. I owned a Pontiac G6 3.5L v6 that got 30mpg all the time, even at 95mph across Nevada. It didn't shake like a tractor while waiting at a stop light (like the Altima does) It was a far better road car...am looking to get another!

Great Car
By Gary on 02/07/10 10:55 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Smooth, responsive and faster than you would expect from a 2.5L. It gets optimal coasting mpg at any speed because of the CVT. The CVT is the heart of the performance and MPG of this car.

Transmissions are the downfall
By Charles Abourezk on 01/31/10 14:14 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

A great car other than the transmissions. I have had to have the transmission replaced twice while under warranty and now Nissan has extended the warranty on the transmission in recognition of this. Nissan of North America's customer service is terrible. The second time it went out it cost me about $1900 out of pocket as I was on vacation at the time and had to leave it in another state for over one month. They refused to pay anything for this and I was on my own. Advise against buying this otherwise sweet car because of that experience. I would have been a loyal Nissan person forever if not for this experience.

HOPE 2010 ALTIMA IS BETTER
By HOPE 2010 IS BETTER on 01/12/10 19:33 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

2007 Altima 2.5SL, 6 CD Boss System, 53200 miles on it - I get 26.3 miles per gallon combine city and highway, not quite 32 as they claim. The road noise if terrible, it seems Nissan decided to build the door panels, and entire car with as little or no sound insulation, very cheap. The seats are very uncomfortable on long drives 30 min. drive. I hope they have improved these areas and other areas consumers have complained on since the redesign in 07. Otherwise, what is the point of reviewing this vehicle. Nissan invest some quality material on making a good product and don't rip people off with cheap products that are not worth more then 24K, even at 24K the Nissan Altima is not worth it.

Nice Choice...
By SW on 12/06/09 05:55 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The 2.5SL was my first "new car" purchase. I love the look of the car and the way it drives, although I should have purchased the 6 cyl. instead of 4. I didn't get the navigation system, but other than that it's fully loaded (bluetooth, leather, 6-cd changer, bose sound system, sunroof, etc). The car has been very reliable for me; no repairs needed other than recalls, BUT there were/are a LOT of recalls. The day after I purchased the car, I found out about a recall and had to go back to the dealership (would have been nice if they told me before I drove off the lot - they could have just kept it for a couple more hours to fix the problem). I plan to keep this car for a while.

2007 altima fails to start
By shirley on 11/25/09 20:26 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased my car brand new, I have very low kms. 7500 kms. 6 months after the car would not start, they put a new battery in and now another 5 months later the problem returned. The dealership says there is nothing wrong, but I even had to buy a portable booster to carry with me at all times. They refuse to fix the problem and tell me that its my fault that I don't drive it enough, even taking it out for over 20 minutes on the highway the car will not start the next day. I have had two other mechanics tell me that is is an electrical problem and to keep on taking it back to nissan to have it fixed. they will not do anything further, even though the warranty has over 1 more year.. not happy

Hotshot Altima 3.5SE
By ash on 11/25/09 12:47 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Great car to own and drive. Its fast,quiet,smooth amd sexy looking!CVT gives it a smooth takeoff and it just keeps going! Interior is well built,however, there seems to a rattle noise fron the rr speaker mounting panel on rough roads.It is annoying and 3 Nissan dealers failed to fix it.I have learned to listen to loud music when driving on rough roads! Unlike the previous model of nissan Altima(2002-2006), the steering turning angle is great and the tires easily last for 35k miles. Maintenance cost is very reasonable and so far had very little warranty work done. Definitely a car to be proud of.Go buy one and see for yourself!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.