Used 2007 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 300 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Great Vehicle
By Jen R

2007 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

All I have owned before were Hondas. My husband and I were ready for a change, and I am glad I made it. The day I picked it up it was 98 degrees outside, my 4 cyl Accord was a dog with the A/C on, took the Altima home with the A/C blasting and it never skipped a beat. Love the "no shift" CVT. Gas mileage is right where I left off with my Accord, hoping it gets even better with more miles, and a long trip under it's belt. This is my first car that is actually "purchased" and am glad this is one I get to hang onto for a while.

Totally keyless system, CVT, convenience plus package is very nicely equipped, exterior styling that sets it apart from the competition.

Still trying to get used to the seats, they sit differently than anything I have driven. Power passenger seat.

Mileage
By wayne

2007 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Just returned from a vacation. Got 29.5 mpg at 65 mph interstate driving w/cruise on, level terrain. Very satisfied with fuel economy. Exceptional performance w/93 octane. Runs fine on 87. For 20 cents per gallon more, I'll stick to the higher as recommended by Nissan.

Styling, CVT, power (270 hp), smart steering wheel, bluetooth, sirius radio.

Softer driver/pax seats.

After 3000 miles
By John

2007 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Traded in 2004 Altima for 2007 with SL and electronics package. Recent road trip easily yielded 34-36 MPG @ 60-65 MPH with A/C. 70-75 MPH drops mileage by about 3 MPG. City MPG so far is about 22 MPG, lower than the rating but about 10% better than my 2004 Nissan with the same engine. Mileage should be even better after adequate break-in. Interior design overall is very good. Seat bottoms are a little firm. Ride is excellent, some road noise on bad surfaces but generally very low noise factor. Exterior design is an eye catcher, have received several unsolicited compliments. Integrated bluetooth phone generally works well, some trouble with voice commands but still learning.

CVT is awesome, large glove compartment, instrument lighting, ride, fuel economy.

Navigation system is decidedly average. My $300 Magellan Maestro outperforms hands down. System operates off of DVD instead of direct satellite link. Replacement CD is $190. For $3200 Nav Sys should be state of the art. Improved Nav and better seat cushions could have been added for little cost.

Happy owner.
By Gabriel

2007 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've considered Accord, Sonata and Camry. I'm happy I made the right decision. I had the car for 2 months so far. Very good engine power (forget the 6 cyl) and brakes. Very fun to drive. Mileage about 20/28 mpg with 1,300m so far. Roomy interior. On one hand, disappointed with some creaky plastics on the door panels and below the driver seat. On the other hand, the dashboard is very attractive and made with very good plastic quality. Nissan should use a better plastic quality for the door panels. Overall very nice car! I would recommend this car to a friend.

Definitively the keyless entry/start. Others: CVT. Steering wheel mounted audio controls. Great sporty look.

Better inside door panels quality. Front seat cushions less firm. Memory seats available. Turn signal in the mirror for 2.5 models.

All Around Vehicle
By KORN

2007 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The Altima fits all of my needs; fuel efficiency; roominess; gadgets (push button start, navigation, etc.); convenience (power seats, windows); reliability (Nissan brand). In comparing with the other 2 Japanese brands, the Nissan Altima is definitely more of a performance vehicle (the other 2 made me feel like I was "Driving Ms. Daisy").

Push button start is very cool.