2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

2007 Altima Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Sort Reviews by

I'm a fan
By Beefjerky

2007 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've put nearly 1,000 miles on my '07 Nissan Altima 2.5 S w/ CVT Transmission. I really love this car. This is my first new car purchase and I am beyond satisfied. I test drove just about everything and nothing compared for the price. The exterior has a really clean look. I really like the blond cloth interior with the wood grain, and it is really soft comfortable cloth. Mechanically very sound. Virtually no road or engine noise. Just made a 400 miles trip and it was extremely comfortable. I also liked the accord, but the altima looked better, performed better and was the best bang for the buck. I think Toyota cut some corners on the '07 Camry. Good college grad program.

Favorite Features

I really like the smooth-silent ride. CVT transmission is great. Probably my favorite feature would be the 20 gallon tank. The exterior is just fantastic. The intellikey is very nifty too.

Suggested Improvements

I didn't purchase fog lights on my altima, and there is kind of a cheap look to the mounts where the fog lights would be installed. Wish there was something covering that up or it was more flush.

Fun and fast
By Jeff

2007 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is my first Nissan, and although I've only had it a few days, I'm very pleased with the car. Mine is a base 3.5 SE, cloth seats, and a CVT transmission. Although not equipped with any upgrade packages or options (no, not a single one), I still find it nicely equipped. The engine is strong and responsive. The CVT is very smooth, and seems to be well-tuned to different driving conditions and needs. The Intelligent Key and pushbutton start are quite convenient, as well as a great topic of conversation. The interior seems to be put together nicely, and the controls intuitive. The basic radio/CD player may not be premium, but it sounds great to me.

Favorite Features

17" wheels, sporty looks (I actually prefer the lines of the car without the spoiler), push start, manual mode, heated mirrors, automatic disable of the passenger side airbag when the passenger weighs less than 80 pounds, and not fishing in my pocket for a key and fob. And its fast.

Very fun car to Drive
By Sheldun

2007 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This car blew my mind, if you think I'm lying take a test drive. Very smooth driving and to think that I use to own an Audi.

Favorite Features

Intelligent Key, CVT , Excellent sound system, and the list goes on.

Suggested Improvements

Decrease the front wheel gap space.

great
By darelle

2007 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

my new altima is excellent. i've had it for about five weeks now. the acceleration is excellent i achieved 0 to 60 in 5.7 seconds

Favorite Features

engine

Suggested Improvements

more power

Best value in class
By zip92029

2007 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I looked at EVERYTHING from Corolla to LS. This is easily the best value on the market. It has good handling, great interior room, all the gadgets, and it looks good (when you add some decent aftermarket wheels). If the long term reliability is good, then this will be a real benchmark.

Favorite Features

Either the CVT or the voice activated nav system (when I finally figured out how it works).

Suggested Improvements

Better wheels.

A Great Car For the Money
By Nat

2007 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The new '07 Altima looks great, has a very nice SL option package, and the 4 cylinder engine is surprisingly quick and responsive. It is a lot of car for the money.

Favorite Features

heated seats, dual climate controls, roomy trunk, peppy 4 cylinder engine

Suggested Improvements

a standard radio system that would allow for satellite radio to be easily installed

Nice Surprise
By bybchucky

2007 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have been a Camry driver for quite some time, and was actually on the way to purchase a 2007 model but decided to stop by my local Nissan dealership to test out the 2007 Altima. Needless to say I ended up purchasing one, a 2.5 S 4 cyl CVT. Exterior is smooth and contour, definitely has a more sporty look than a Camry or Accord. The front grille looks a lot like the Maxima. Interior room is great, offering plenty of room in the front and back. Nice layout inside, very neat and clean, and high quality. Handling is great too, and I have not had any problems with it. It feels light and nimble, and it has a good power even with just the 175hp that comes with the 4 cyl. CVT build.

Favorite Features

Keyless that comes standard with each build is great. Standard curtain airbags are a plus too. The orange display lights and the white lights on the dash board was a surprisingly good combination.

Suggested Improvements

Engine noise when accelerating on highway speeds is somewhat loud, esp. compared to other sedans (although it does quiet down when maintaining speed). ABS doesn't come standard. And the power outlets are both hidden in compartments.

The 07 Altima is Amazing
By GS Browning

2007 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is my third Nissan Altima, and once again, I am another satisfied customer! The new 07's continuous transmission is truly a different experience...no waiting to shift. The 4 cylinder's gas mileage is unbelievable, out performing the prior models, and this car also has less road noise. The car handles and drives with class and style.

Favorite Features

The intelligent key system gives me a feeling of personal safety by not having to fumble for keys while in a dim parking lot. The leather interior package and sleek exterior design make the 07 Altima a sporty, yet classy automobile.

Suggested Improvements

Unlike some of the previous 4 cylinder models, this car no longer comes standard with a Bose stereo system.

Great New Design
By harry0724

2007 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Purchased new 07 ALtima 3.5SE with CVT. great performance with 270 hp. Touch screen navigation is very easy to use, with voice commands, Bluetooth, and rear view camera. lots of features for the money. this vehicle is far superior to the bland camry and accord.

Favorite Features

3.5 engine, cvt, touch screen navi, rear view camera, push button start, hid headlights, great looks, many compliments on vehicle already

Suggested Improvements

Bose sound system doesn't seem very impressive, could be better. power passenger seat and memory seats. can get expensive fully loaded.

Fun to Drive!
By Alison

2007 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I loved the styling and performance of my 2005 Altima. Nissan didn't needed to make that many changes. Some how they managed to improve on perfection. The new styling is better than any car on the road, luxury cars included! The car handles well and is fun to drive. The car comes loaded with standard features, including side airbags.

Favorite Features

Styling, keyless ignition, CVT transmission, iPod imput, gas mileage. Love it all.

Suggested Improvements

ABS should be standard.