Used 2007 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

After 3000 miles
By John

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Traded in 2004 Altima for 2007 with SL and electronics package. Recent road trip easily yielded 34-36 MPG @ 60-65 MPH with A/C. 70-75 MPH drops mileage by about 3 MPG. City MPG so far is about 22 MPG, lower than the rating but about 10% better than my 2004 Nissan with the same engine. Mileage should be even better after adequate break-in. Interior design overall is very good. Seat bottoms are a little firm. Ride is excellent, some road noise on bad surfaces but generally very low noise factor. Exterior design is an eye catcher, have received several unsolicited compliments. Integrated bluetooth phone generally works well, some trouble with voice commands but still learning.

CVT is awesome, large glove compartment, instrument lighting, ride, fuel economy.

Navigation system is decidedly average. My $300 Magellan Maestro outperforms hands down. System operates off of DVD instead of direct satellite link. Replacement CD is $190. For $3200 Nav Sys should be state of the art. Improved Nav and better seat cushions could have been added for little cost.

Happy owner.
By Gabriel

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've considered Accord, Sonata and Camry. I'm happy I made the right decision. I had the car for 2 months so far. Very good engine power (forget the 6 cyl) and brakes. Very fun to drive. Mileage about 20/28 mpg with 1,300m so far. Roomy interior. On one hand, disappointed with some creaky plastics on the door panels and below the driver seat. On the other hand, the dashboard is very attractive and made with very good plastic quality. Nissan should use a better plastic quality for the door panels. Overall very nice car! I would recommend this car to a friend.

Definitively the keyless entry/start. Others: CVT. Steering wheel mounted audio controls. Great sporty look.

Better inside door panels quality. Front seat cushions less firm. Memory seats available. Turn signal in the mirror for 2.5 models.

All Around Vehicle
By KORN

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The Altima fits all of my needs; fuel efficiency; roominess; gadgets (push button start, navigation, etc.); convenience (power seats, windows); reliability (Nissan brand). In comparing with the other 2 Japanese brands, the Nissan Altima is definitely more of a performance vehicle (the other 2 made me feel like I was "Driving Ms. Daisy").

Push button start is very cool.

Black Beauty
By Tom

2007 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I traded in a 2004 Mazda3, a car that I loved and have not looked back since. The Altima has it all and more! The look is so sleek and classy and the performance is awesome. I have the 3.5 SE and love the power, with the CVT its the best ride I have ever experienced.

Push button start, intelligent key, turn signals in the outside mirrors, the overall look and power of the car, CVT, rear lights. The list could go on and on.

When you're driving on a bumpy road the suspension is a little harsh and you seem to feel every bump more so then in other cars but everything else makes up for that!

Altima 2.5 S 4dr 4cyl CVT
By BRAD

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I research all mid size sedans. Loved the infiniti G35. I think the Altima is just as good for thousands less. Thought I needed the 3.5 but the 2.5I was so impressive it was all I needed. Had the car for 1 week went on a 12 hour round trip and go 32-34 mpg driving 70 to 80 mph. Have always been a cloth person but I was glad to go with the leather. Always been a jeep person but I love this Altima. It's my first.

Love the CVT and the new styling in and out. The car rides and handles great and is very quiet. The 2.5I is all you need.

The seats are too firm. The head rest is to far forward, not letting your shoulders lie in the seat.

• SUV