Used 2007 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Best car out there!
By smc98m

2007 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I had the '00 Maxima and bought the '07 Altima SE V6 CVT. I thought I was going to get another Maxima, but was sold after test driving the Altima. I wanted the V6 because I drive in Dallas city traffic and need the "get-up-and-go" speed from time to time. Let me just say the 270hp engine is fast, but is smooth and easy to control. You can't beat the CVT. I absolutely love the convenience of the Push Button On/Off feature. Talk about never having to fumble with your car keys again! As long as you have the key in your pocket then you can lock and unlock the car from the outside push button on the door handle. Get the '07 Altima... well worth it!

Push button On and Off; CVT; 270hp; 6 CD changer and Bose stereo; built in Blue Tooth technology; Altima turning radius is much better than the Maxima; quiet; smooth; all black all leather interior; 9 cup holders; rear vents; interior lighting at night is great.

Improve the air pressure that comes out of the rear vents; Nissan needs to work on balancing the amount of air pressure when you have the air conditioning on both feet and head. It blows too much air at the feet level and hardly any at head level.

A Great Car
By Mike

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I was looking between the Camry and Altima. Altima is the right choice. I like the design and the technology used in the car, Smart key, dual exhausts, MPG, MPH, distance to empty, etc.

Smart key, dual exhausts, MPG, MPH, distance to empty.

Excellent Car
By Westies96

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have had many Honda Accords and a few Camrys. I traded my 2007 Accord EXL with navigation for my 2007 Altima 2.5SL and don't regret it. I never had a Nissan before, but was persuaded by a friend of mine who has had 3 Maximas with no problems. I have had the car for about a month now and have about 3200 miles on it. My gas mileage is great with a combination city/highway of 26.8 miles per gallon. My only issue was that the car drifts on the highway. I had the dealer look at it and they said that everything was okay. I asked if it could be the tires (Continental tires were installed at the factory). I replaced them with Michelin tires. I haven't had an issue since then.

Handling, style, power, comfort, looks, XM radio and navigation. I bought a 2.5SL and they replaced the original stereo with an aftermarket Pioneer stereo with nav and XM at delivery. It looks like the factory Bose with nav and a lot less money.

Use better tires. Don't put cheap Continental tires on a car like this. Put Michelin tires or a better grade tire on the Altima. This would eliminate complaints about the car drifting on the highway.

Sporty-Classy
By NC_Altima

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

In terms of looks, driving and performance for the 4-cylinder segment, this is a great car. Haven't been able to compare to the new 2008 Accord yet, which looks to be nice but not as sporty as the Altima. This car is very responsive in acceleration, braking and steering. Really fun to drive. Controls are all easy to reach and understand. Good selection of features/packages. Nice redesign in both exterior and interior. I have an S Conv package, with added leather, sunroof, fogs, spoiler, ABS, alum kickplates, splash guards and floor mats. Couldn't be happier.

CVT w/175 HP and 180 lbs/torque, and great mileage. Huge gas tank (20 gal) so less frequent fill-ups. Design, quality, driving characteristics, lights. Just about everything.

The *only* thing I would complain about is that the basic stereo system, while sounding just fine to me, doesn't play MP3s off the CD. It does have an aux jack, but I thought all CD players played MP3s/WMAs now, not just the old CD audio. With just 1 CD at a time, MP3/WMA functionality would help.

My 3rd Altima SE
By Jack*ss1

2007 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is my 3rd Altima SE since 2002 and I have to say this one beats my 02 and 04 altima SEs hands down. Its faster, more stylish, more comfortable, better on gas and you can see and feel the Infiniti side of Nissan in this car. Fuel mpg is about 22 city 28 highway (note I like to drive fast). I test drove a Mazda6 v6, Honda Accord v6, Toyota Camry v6 and some Ford and Chevy cars and I must say the Altima was the best all around car in its class.

Power, power and more power! New styling, new CVT.

Really crappy base stereo system. The rear deck rattles when any bass hits the 6X9s even low volume (I dont listen to rap either). Offer an Altima SER.

• SUV