Used 2007 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Sporty-Classy
By NC_Altima

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

In terms of looks, driving and performance for the 4-cylinder segment, this is a great car. Haven't been able to compare to the new 2008 Accord yet, which looks to be nice but not as sporty as the Altima. This car is very responsive in acceleration, braking and steering. Really fun to drive. Controls are all easy to reach and understand. Good selection of features/packages. Nice redesign in both exterior and interior. I have an S Conv package, with added leather, sunroof, fogs, spoiler, ABS, alum kickplates, splash guards and floor mats. Couldn't be happier.

Favorite Features

CVT w/175 HP and 180 lbs/torque, and great mileage. Huge gas tank (20 gal) so less frequent fill-ups. Design, quality, driving characteristics, lights. Just about everything.

Suggested Improvements

The *only* thing I would complain about is that the basic stereo system, while sounding just fine to me, doesn't play MP3s off the CD. It does have an aux jack, but I thought all CD players played MP3s/WMAs now, not just the old CD audio. With just 1 CD at a time, MP3/WMA functionality would help.

My 3rd Altima SE
By Jack*ss1

2007 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is my 3rd Altima SE since 2002 and I have to say this one beats my 02 and 04 altima SEs hands down. Its faster, more stylish, more comfortable, better on gas and you can see and feel the Infiniti side of Nissan in this car. Fuel mpg is about 22 city 28 highway (note I like to drive fast). I test drove a Mazda6 v6, Honda Accord v6, Toyota Camry v6 and some Ford and Chevy cars and I must say the Altima was the best all around car in its class.

Favorite Features

Power, power and more power! New styling, new CVT.

Suggested Improvements

Really crappy base stereo system. The rear deck rattles when any bass hits the 6X9s even low volume (I dont listen to rap either). Offer an Altima SER.

Beats Toyota!
By Phil

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Drove Toyota for 20 years. Seduced by sheet metal on '07 Camry, traded 2000 Avalon for 4-cyl. LE. Big mistake. We were not happy. Traded for 4-cyl. Altima w/SL pkg. You get SO much more car for the money with Nissan!! More power, seamless shifting, quicker handling, quieter, slightly better mpg, bluetooth, heated seats. Bose stereo is awesome, better leather and controls. For this model, Toyota loses in ALL categories!

Favorite Features

Bose stereo, satellite radio, keyless entry and ignition, dual auto A/C, fun factor. Thanks, Nissan!

Suggested Improvements

No suggestions.

4 vs 6
By James

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

When I test drove the 2.5L/4 I found the vehicle nimble and quick at low speeds but requiring some time to 'wind-up' at faster speeds in order to pass/merge. The 3.5L/6 on the other hand was like a rocket that I had to keep tied down. It was almost annoying driving in the city because the bloody car just wanted to blast off! It absolutely hated stop and go traffic and red lights! The 3.5L was a noticably heavier vehicle and had a lot of brake lurch. Again, the 3.5L hated stop and go traffic but on the highway it was a dream. Too bad the car drank so much gas! I opted for the 2.5L because of this plus the $6000 less in price. No seat issues.

Favorite Features

The exterior looks, the handling, nice options for the price.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the cheap plastic covers in the console.

Altima
By Altima

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I was considering the Camry and Altima. After test driving, the Altima was the hands down winner. With just over 1k I'm averging 27 mpg. The 4 cylinder has plenty of power.

Favorite Features

Style, keyless start, gas mileage and interior dash lights.

Suggested Improvements

Make daytime running lights, abs, and lumbar support standard equipment.