Used 2007 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Altima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

88,000 Going Strong
By TB

2007 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

88,000 miles and no major or minor problems except Bluetooth (who cares). 3.5 liter and 26 MPG highway with synthetic oil. I drive this car hard it it never fails to throw me back in the seat. Economical, strong braking and flawless tracking keep this thing king of the road. Best car made, bar none, at any price!

Favorite Features

Engine and transmission smooth. Bose rocks!

Suggested Improvements

Navigation update DVD needs to be priced reasonably. Key fob acting up, but I haven't swapped it out for the recall.

Couldnt ask for anything more!
By Jenn

2007 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I shopped for months uapon months for a new car. This car is amazing. I paid 19,500 and it has everything but Nav wich is not a big deal to me anyway. V6,Rides smooth..and its so eye catching. Black on black. I considered an acura TL but it just didnt have everything i wanted for my budget. Everyday I drive this vehicle.. i still cant believe its mine. I had such a hooptie! But you def get more for your buck! Only issue was i had to replace my smart key battery and had to go to a nissan dealer to do so. It was about 5 bucks.. but no biggie. Amazing car!!

Favorite Features

Heated leather seats.. the blinkers on the outside mirrors.. the bose system is nuts! And the body style is beautiful. This is just a sharp car all around.

Suggested Improvements

ummm.. If i have to say anything.. it would be the gas mileage. I just have to get use to paying 40 bucks to fill the tank versus 20 in my 4 cylinder.

Chosen over 06 TL
By lchat

2007 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased my 2007 3.5 V6 CVT SL with 40K & I love it. This car was loaded w/lther, Bose, turn signals on the ext mirrors, b/u camera, Nav, XM Sat, 6 disc chngr, sunroof, bluetooth phone etc. I chose this over an 06 Acura TL. Yes, its true. I went shopping to replace my much loved 03 TL Type-S. I just could not rationalize spending 2K more & get less. This car has 270hp & rides smooooth. Its black on black. The Bose is fantastic. If you can buy an Altima that is loaded, you won't find a better value, how do they sell Maxima's next to this...? By the way I would not have bought the 4 cyl version, only 170 hp.

Favorite Features

Engine, Bose, Interior Design, Touch Screen Navigation, Heated, dual zone climate & B/U Camera(kids love it)

Suggested Improvements

Swap the 16 inch wheels with a sportier tire as standard for the 3.5 V6

Fun to drive
By nissanfixr

2007 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I am a Nissan master technician with 30 years in Nissan dealerships. I normally don't get too excited when the new models come out, but after attending new model training on the 07 Altima, and just sitting in one, it just "felt right", and knew I had to have one. Driving the 3.5 V6 was the clincher. I have had it for 18 months and 24,000 miles with no major complaints as far as reliability and drivetrain performance. It keeps up with anything off the line. After 30 mph, it really takes off. Use premium fuel or you will notince some slight hesitation in midrange RPM. Climbing long steep grades with the CVT is impressive when you're passing everything else on the road. A great car.

Favorite Features

Push button start and keyless entry. Navigation and Bluetooth. Bose audio. Touch operated display screen, and steering wheel mounted controls. My highway mpg was 30 mpg @ a constant 80mph. Around town it's 23 mpg. I don't drive it hard unless I have to.

Suggested Improvements

Bottom seat frame has a clicking noise sometimes when making turns and my weight shifts. Seat slider rollers aren't smooth. On hands free phone, people cannot understand what I'm saying unless I yell. Needs a countermeasure microphone in the map lamp assy. Navigation software not that great.

Couldn't be happier!
By Heather12

2007 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My husband and I originally shopped the Altima Coupe, but eventually let practicality win the day, and went with the sedan. We haven't regretted it for a moment. I have always been a die-hard American girl, and hated sedans with a passion. Until this car. With the exception of rear visibility being a little difficult, I don't even know I am driving a sedan. The handling of this car is amazing, and the CVT is my new best friend. The 3.5 SL has everything we looked for in other cars, and then some, and you can't beat the price. It has more power than I will ever need, and makes driving this car a joy. The IntelliKey system, with the push-button start, is pure genius!

Favorite Features

Push button start, Bose audio, MP3 plug-in, IntelliKey. General interior styling is very smart and convenient. Trunk organizer with First Aid Kit and Emergency Road Kit a definite plus. Headlights and taillights are gorgeous (I prefer the sedan's taillights to the coupes!). Just a beautiful car!

Suggested Improvements

I've had it for three weeks, and haven't found any complaints yet!