Used 2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Altima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Most Reliable Car I've Owned
By nolemonsplease

2007 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

We bought this car in 2008 with 17K miles on it and have been driving the heck out of it ever since. It now has 112K miles on it and so far all I've had to replace was the brakes on it. Got aftermarket ceramic brakes with nicer discs. MPGs are great. I currently avg 29.7mpgs driving conservatively but the 4 cyl respond quite nice when you need to pass. The paint on the roof and hood is starting to fade and it sucks since re-painting is not cheap but I also don't keep it in the garage. The Alternator might be iffy. Just replaced a batter and the brake and battery lights on the dash are flickering. Hopefully nothing too bad. Overall it has been the most reliable car I've ever owned!

Favorite Features

Push start is my favorite feature. The 17 gal tank will give me 500+ miles between fill ups

Suggested Improvements

I have the base model with cloth seats. The driver's seat is uncomfortable for my taste (I'm 5'11) and my lower back always hurts after long rides. Not sure if the seat is too worn after 110K miles but it could be better. Other than that the car is a great commuter.

Not Comfortable
By JoeFrank

2007 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

One of least comfortable cars I have ever driven. Every bump, every hole, every paint line is felt. Even my old 96 Camry and 2001 Regal are much more comfortable. I wanted a car to take on trips, but this is not the car.

Suggested Improvements

Terrible suspension

Unresolved problems
By dianne

2007 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Brakes squeal. Popping sound from front wheel area sounds like the strut when turning engine clatters as if out of oil. Steering wheel and passengers seat vibrate. Stereo has cuts in and out, speakers have a lot of static at times. There have been times radio would not come on at all after a car wash. Dash and front right door rattle.

Favorite Features

Love the design

Suggested Improvements

Better response from Nissan in repairing the car.

Completely Unreliable
By New Honda Owner

2007 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

We loved the styling and perks of the 2.5SL, and we loved the car for the first 2500 miles. Its been downhill fast from there- the car has been in the shop about 10 times in the first year of ownership. In addition to many smaller issues, we have had the transmission replaced, the exhaust pipes replaced, and the computer reprogrammed three times for a very rough idle. The car rattles like an old chevy truck, and they can't figure out why. Isn't legally a lemon, so we traded it- for a Honda. Will NEVER own another Nissan.

Favorite Features

Looks, interior styling, gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Reliability! Overall quality. Nissan service is also lacking- everytime we had it worked on, it came out with new problems.

I want to trade it in already!
By Ica

2007 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I do like my 2.5S Altima for the way that it looks on the outside. The design especially on the back is what led me to the dealer in the first place. The push key is fun as well. But that is all that is good inside, noise comes from everywhere! I feel like it is going to fall apart as I drive it. Oh and mine sounds like crap all day and I keep taking in to the dealer they say it is fixed some recall crap and then guess what I hear as I drive home? Ugh!

Favorite Features

I am still vain about my Altima, it looks good. The push button is great. Reliable.

Suggested Improvements

Less noisy would be great!