Used 2007 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 300 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Great car if you want longevity.
By Neat B.

2007 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my 2007 Altima almost 2 yrs ago. At the time it had over 200k miles on it mostly highway from the previous owner who owned and operated a professional mechanic shop. His wife was the sole owner of the car and her commutes where via highway 80 miles per day. I am in construction therefore I did not want to spend a lot of money considering it would be on the sites a lot. The price I got it for was a steal and I paid cash because I don't like car payments. The cost of ownership has being minimal. I have the the SL Sanoma Sunset and tan leather interior. Overall it has been a perfect car even with the high mileage. The car always starts and runs well. The ride is smooth and in control. I do regular oil changes and fluids. I use a full synthetic oil. I highly recommend this car for ad ails driver. It does not disappoint. I am bummed because someone hit the back end of it and the cost of repair is not cheap. I am at 233k on it and my hopes are that I still have a good 60k or more before I need to replace it. It still drives well like a new car. My nephew wants to buy it from me because it rides well. I will more than likely buy a newer Altima or the Maxima. My family members all own Nissans and we all like them for the value, performance and style. I also own a 2009 Murano which is a great vehicle too. :-)

Never buy a Nissan
By Roy Johns

2007 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased a Nissan because I believed it was a reliable product. The CVT transmission went out on my car. I am going back to Toyota or Honda! I warn other consumers don't buy this product!

Sporty but reliable
By Lisa

2007 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have owned this car for 9 years and love driving it. I am only buying a new one because the miles are getting up there and I want to keep some trade in value!

175,000 miles later, this car saved my life
By PJ

2007 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my 2007 Nissan Altima with every last penny I had only a few months after it came out. I was 18 and saw it as an investment. Up until the 10/16/15, I never had a thing go wrong. I changed the oil every 3,000-4,000 miles, two tire changes, and two brake jobs and she ran like a beaut. At 11:00am the night before sweetest day, I was driving home after a hockey draft and fell asleep. I was running on 7 hours of sleep in the last 36 hours and couldn't defeat the sandman once again. I swerved off the road and hit a ditch straight on going 60 mph and no signs of braking. I woke up with the air bag in my face and reality hitting a little bit harder than the air bag. I gathered my thoughts and began to realize that I'm 100% ok. Nissan saved my life. This Altima saved my life. Although it will take a long time to move on, I will never forget all of the 175,000 miles together. Thank you Nissan. My next vehicle will surely be another great model of yours.

I love my car and hope it can last for a while
By remnissan

2007 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I got this car for my 18th birthday and now am 26 still love this car. My Altima is a beautiful car in and out, it is comfortable and rides smooth gets excellent gas mileage. Exterior looks stylish one thing the car interior materials are aging too quickly as my armrest has a minor split and dashboard around speedometer too but those things don't bother me because all I want the car to do is keep running strong. Got the equipped model includes navigation system, heated seats, blue tooth and power moon roof includes rearview camera. I've done nothing but routine maintenance and replaced set of tires never a mechanical problem out of it only thing is CVT on these models are junk but other than it's a reliable car. Believe got my money worth really love my ALTIMA won't get rid of her until she gets tired of serving me with me taking excellent cared of her she might just try her best staying alive making me even happier know that I can go out in the morning and cranking her up off headed on highway. The car has a four cylinder is powerful got lots of comments it's a very stylish looking car would recommend buying a 07-12 model over 2013-14 models. Trunk space is huge could fit 6 suitcases without a problem this car is definitely built to last so equipped on everything. Just thankful that I bought a good reliable car these cars are so popular and reliable see them everywhere no wonder why they are best ever. Would buy another car from Nissan had a 1997 ALTIMA went 136,000 miles before retiring never a single problem reason bought another ALTIMA this one is best just some of material things aren't made well at least engine performs well hope can last 200,000 miles it's still running well purrs after taking off a sweet little car. LOOKING FOR A '16 MAXIMA NOW will update that review as well after purchase it all of my cars have been great. THANK YOU NISSAN!!!