Used 2007 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Altima

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

I got a lot of car for my money.
By diverse379

2007 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car used in 2010 it had 32000 miles on it. The thing that blew me away was that you can coast in 4th gear at 5 mph. Anyone who drives a manual knows that sounds impossible. Somehow The engineers at Nissan figured out that stop and go traffic is made more annoying when you drive a manual. So this transmissions helps with the commute. on to the car. I was shopping for a bmw recently and test drove a 330 with performance package Right after the test drove I hopped in my Nissan and pushed the envelope a bit. This Nissan really performs. I cant say enough. If you can find one of these with the manual test drive it you wont regret it

Favorite Features

the transmission is awesome. the leather interior. and overall modular look. I feel like I am in the lap of luxury

Suggested Improvements

put some more noise reduction materials to quiet down the road noise that is the only complaint I have for this car.

New Transmission
By Nels

2007 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Hey everyone I'm an owner of a 6 speed 2007 Nissan Altima that is on its second transmission. I noticed the problem when I couldn't shift out of 2nd gear. I called the dealer and they give you the runaround as if I never drove a manual before. So I let it go for a week until I said enough is enough. I called and told them I had a wedding to go to in West Virginia and I need my car looked at and I'm not leaving until I know whats wrong. 4 hours of waiting and they say, It looks like you need a new transmission. My stomach dropped. Well it was covered so they had to eat that 4500 dollar bill, but I noticed again that shifting into second is harder then ever. So it looks like it's going back.

Favorite Features

The body style.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the CVT transmission and stop giving the customers the run around.

Pretty too look at but....
By minnesotaboy

2007 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I just bought this car, 2007 Nissan Altima, SE, 3.5, manual with all the bells and whistles. It is very fun to drive, looks sporty, and has a lot of nice amenities. However just 2 months after purchasing it, I've already been to the shop over 10 times! It's just little things like the TPMS sensors, shifter cable, door seal leaking, wipers mal-adjusted, rotor squeaking(and not due to brakes), and the list goes on. I am very concerned about how this will affect my pocket book when warranty runs out. My advice, spend the same money and get a very nice Honda or Toyota..wish me luck as i'm about to hit the end of the 3yr, 36,000 warranty.

Favorite Features

sporty look and feel, fun to drive, gps, backup camera, leather heated seats, 6 disc changer, aux input.

Suggested Improvements

build quality!! If it wasn't for my warranty, i would have already dropped over 2,000 on repairs alone, and it's only 3 years old(32,000 miles)!!! very poor quality control here. gas mileage could be better, but it does boast 270 horse.

Great Car
By Aaron

2007 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car used with 19K on it after cross shopping many other models. Great car for small family (< 3 kids). This car is a quick performer with a sportier ride than many competitors (e.g., Camry). I get better than advertised gas mileage with the manual when I am easy on the gas. The controls are logically laid out and easy to use. I like the keyless feature (it's even easy to replace the FOB battery), but HATE the FOB itself (see below). I have driven manual trans. cars for years and years, but this one is very difficult to drive smoothly, especially from 1st to 2nd. I suspect that the gear spacing is just poorly planned. With the exception of the FOB this is a great car!

Favorite Features

V6 engine. Very good gas mileage. Availability of manual transmission in a 4 door sedan. Reasonable to insure for how powerful and fun to drive the car is.

Suggested Improvements

The design of the FOB is awful. The FOB's buttons stick out and get pressed whenever you keep it in your pocket. The keyless ignition requires having the FOB to start the car so you have to keep the stupid thing with you. Goes off every time you sit down. No way to deactivate the buttons or "alarm."

Altima 3.5 6-Speed
By Robert Neal

2007 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I love my 2007 Nissan Altima SE with the 6-speed transmission. It handles like a dream and can accelerate as quick as anything that I have driven. I am getting close to 27 MPG even though it is only supposed to get 19/27. I love the fact that I could get a reliable mid size sedan with a 6 cylinder engine and a manual transmission. It truly is a sports sedan that Honda and Toyota don't offer; a 6 cylinder with a manual transmission.

Favorite Features

6 cylinder engine with a manual transmission.

Suggested Improvements

Tighter turning circle.