Used 2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S Consumer Reviews - 171 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

175,000 miles later, this car saved my life
By PJ

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my 2007 Nissan Altima with every last penny I had only a few months after it came out. I was 18 and saw it as an investment. Up until the 10/16/15, I never had a thing go wrong. I changed the oil every 3,000-4,000 miles, two tire changes, and two brake jobs and she ran like a beaut. At 11:00am the night before sweetest day, I was driving home after a hockey draft and fell asleep. I was running on 7 hours of sleep in the last 36 hours and couldn't defeat the sandman once again. I swerved off the road and hit a ditch straight on going 60 mph and no signs of braking. I woke up with the air bag in my face and reality hitting a little bit harder than the air bag. I gathered my thoughts and began to realize that I'm 100% ok. Nissan saved my life. This Altima saved my life. Although it will take a long time to move on, I will never forget all of the 175,000 miles together. Thank you Nissan. My next vehicle will surely be another great model of yours.

I love my car and hope it can last for a while
By remnissan

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I got this car for my 18th birthday and now am 26 still love this car. My Altima is a beautiful car in and out, it is comfortable and rides smooth gets excellent gas mileage. Exterior looks stylish one thing the car interior materials are aging too quickly as my armrest has a minor split and dashboard around speedometer too but those things don't bother me because all I want the car to do is keep running strong. Got the equipped model includes navigation system, heated seats, blue tooth and power moon roof includes rearview camera. I've done nothing but routine maintenance and replaced set of tires never a mechanical problem out of it only thing is CVT on these models are junk but other than it's a reliable car. Believe got my money worth really love my ALTIMA won't get rid of her until she gets tired of serving me with me taking excellent cared of her she might just try her best staying alive making me even happier know that I can go out in the morning and cranking her up off headed on highway. The car has a four cylinder is powerful got lots of comments it's a very stylish looking car would recommend buying a 07-12 model over 2013-14 models. Trunk space is huge could fit 6 suitcases without a problem this car is definitely built to last so equipped on everything. Just thankful that I bought a good reliable car these cars are so popular and reliable see them everywhere no wonder why they are best ever. Would buy another car from Nissan had a 1997 ALTIMA went 136,000 miles before retiring never a single problem reason bought another ALTIMA this one is best just some of material things aren't made well at least engine performs well hope can last 200,000 miles it's still running well purrs after taking off a sweet little car. LOOKING FOR A '16 MAXIMA NOW will update that review as well after purchase it all of my cars have been great. THANK YOU NISSAN!!!

Will never buy Nissan again
By chocaholic

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Before I had this Nissan I had a 2000 Honda accord, that was so quiet you could hardly hear it run.
It now has 220,000 miles on it and is still going strong, but my husband wanted it for work, so I got a newer car.
I decided on the Nissan Altima for it's styling.
What a mistake!
I hate driving the car now.
Because of it's gurgling noises and ticking noises and inside crackling noises and road noise, I hate this car and wish I never got it.
I would never recommend this car to any of my friends.
Do yourself a favor and don't buy the Nissan Altima.
You will regret it!
The car is an over priced, pretty piece of JUNK.

nice style design.

Build a well built car instead of a noisy, crackley car.

Love this car!
By rnorred86

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased this car in March 2011. My previous car was a 2006 Toyota Corolla S. It was a great reliable car, but I needed a bigger car with more legroom (I'm over 6ft.). It has a spacious interior & a comfortable steady ride & sporty handling. The interior is quiet & the 2.5L 4-cylinder engine is surprisingly powerful & has excellent passing power. It feels like a V6 & is also as quick as some V6's. I've been averaging 22.5 mpg, not as high as they say because I do more spirited driving & like to feel the great power of the 4 cylinder. I bought this car for its sportiness & roomy interior & I recommend this car for those of you that need a sedan, but still want that sporty handling.

Hoping for the best - Beware of catalytic converter
By ams5db

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought a 2007 Altima 2.5S 4-cyl from a private seller in July 2011. It had 117,000 miles on it, mostly highway. The car was in great condition and I even had it inspected at a shop before buying it. About five days after driving it, the check engine light came on. I thought there couldn't possibly be something wrong with it already, so I manually turned the light off and waited...two weeks later, it was on again. The catalytic converter was the problem and I had it cleaned out, but was told that it still may need to be replaced. Everything was fine for about 3 months, but the CE light just came on again at 121,000 miles. I don't want the engine to get ruined, so I'll have to fix it asap.

Drives smoothly Dual temp controls Roomy interior and trunk space Heated leather seats Door lock/unlock button on front driver's and passenger's side (no need to search for the remote to perform this action) Built-in code reader for diagnostics checks Push-start ignition Auto-tinting review mirror Excellent turn radius

Windshield fogs too easily during rainy days Center console rattles when someone is resting their arm on it - very annoying Settings for defrost are configured so that the AC automatically turns on and you have to remember to turn it off. You also can't defrost with just the "recycle air" button on and not the AC - if you push the recycle air button, it automatically turns on the AC when the defrost setting is on. You can turn off the AC button, but that also turns off the recycle air button, so you have to defrost with the vents open and exhaust coming into the car, unless you want the AC on in the middle of winter. :( Very confusing and annoying.