2007 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Will never buy Nissan again
By chocaholic on 07/02/12 07:44 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Before I had this Nissan I had a 2000 Honda accord, that was so quiet you could hardly hear it run. It now has 220,000 miles on it and is still going strong, but my husband wanted it for work, so I got a newer car. I decided on the Nissan Altima for it's styling. What a mistake! I hate driving the car now. Because of it's gurgling noises and ticking noises and inside crackling noises and road noise, I hate this car and wish I never got it. I would never recommend this car to any of my friends. Do yourself a favor and don't buy the Nissan Altima. You will regret it! The car is an over priced, pretty piece of JUNK.

Love this car!
By rnorred86 on 01/29/12 12:13 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased this car in March 2011. My previous car was a 2006 Toyota Corolla S. It was a great reliable car, but I needed a bigger car with more legroom (I'm over 6ft.). It has a spacious interior & a comfortable steady ride & sporty handling. The interior is quiet & the 2.5L 4-cylinder engine is surprisingly powerful & has excellent passing power. It feels like a V6 & is also as quick as some V6's. I've been averaging 22.5 mpg, not as high as they say because I do more spirited driving & like to feel the great power of the 4 cylinder. I bought this car for its sportiness & roomy interior & I recommend this car for those of you that need a sedan, but still want that sporty handling.

Hoping for the best - Beware of catalytic converter
By ams5db on 12/04/11 18:30 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought a 2007 Altima 2.5S 4-cyl from a private seller in July 2011. It had 117,000 miles on it, mostly highway. The car was in great condition and I even had it inspected at a shop before buying it. About five days after driving it, the check engine light came on. I thought there couldn't possibly be something wrong with it already, so I manually turned the light off and waited...two weeks later, it was on again. The catalytic converter was the problem and I had it cleaned out, but was told that it still may need to be replaced. Everything was fine for about 3 months, but the CE light just came on again at 121,000 miles. I don't want the engine to get ruined, so I'll have to fix it asap.

Fun to Drive and Withstands Abuse
By randy1099 on 10/14/11 14:09 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My girlfriend purchased this car new and it now has 102,000 miles on it. Being a die-hard American muscle car guy, I hate almost all FWD 4 cylinder cars, especially the imports. I was truly shocked by this one. The engine makes way more usable horsepower that I expected and coupled with the CVT, is able to perform well above its pricepoint. Somehow, Nissan managed to make this engine smooth and eliminated the torque steer associated with high power FWD cars. Girlfriend did almost no maintenance to this car for the first 90,000 miles. Car still runs great and gets low 30 MPG. CVT did die at 98,000 miles but Nissan replaced it for free. I do the maintenance and car is easy to work on.

A Decent Commuter
By autojunkie79 on 09/11/11 17:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

As my daily driver, the Altima is very quiet compared to the previous generation and gets great gas mileage (30.1 mpg avg) despite spirited driving tendencies (70+ mph, squirting through traffic). Now at 56K, it has been very reliable though there are several minor quality issues: A heat shield that rattles when engine is cold, air intake that keeps coming off and rear wheel well liner that keeps popping out - nothing that affects drivability or safety. For a midsize family sedan, the Altima handles surprisingly well but the electric steering is lifeless and OEM tires are horrid in the snow. I don't love this car, but I don't hate it either. It's a safe bet, just like Camry and Accord.

Great Car!
By dez24 on 08/15/11 02:28 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased my Nissan Altima in Febrary 2008. This is by far the most reliable vehicle I have owned. I have not experienced any major problems with this car which also makes it the least expensive car to maintain I have owned. I cannot say enough great things about this car!

Good value car
By prkv on 05/22/11 03:04 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Bought a new nissan altima 2.5SL, got a very good deal on the price since i bought when the 2008 model was already in the market. exterior styling and features are very good. interior is very comfortable for 4 people. for 5 people it is good on short trips. rear middle set is really hard. trunk space is very good. can easily fit it two full size check-in bags and small cabin bag. handling is very good at normal highway speeds. takes the curves good, i've done 40mph at 65mph just adjusting the gears. acceleration is good with two people. even though i hear many people complaining about the CVT, don't feel it is bad for a family sedan. suspension is very good and gives a smooth ride.

Great blend of style and substance
By Steve R. on 11/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is a great car! Used to drive Honda Civic Si but needed room for three car seats in back. 4 cylinder has plenty of power (though the 6 is amazing as well as my brother-in-law has an SE), good fuel economy but does drop in town a bit. Comfortable on the road but can handle the curves when you want to. Some of you people are incredible nitpickers. Sure there are a few minor things (power seat a little strange, CVT takes getting used to) but what car doesn't have this? If you are a car performance nut who is on a budget with kids look no further. Would buy another if our van goes to hell.

Our guardian angel
By Repeat buyer on 09/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The Altima is a great car. Very reliable with minimal maintenance. Very quiet inside and no noise engine. The CVT is great...gives the vehicle excellent acceleration and no noise. Very stylish and extremely safe. Our entire family (including baby and young child) were in a severe car accident that totaled the car, and we all walked away without injury. The outside of the car was crushed on three corners yet the inside was in perfect condition. Great car for the family as it's roomy enough for baby seat, booster seat, and another child in the back.

Mixed Review
By rgc on 09/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My Altima was a previous rental with 17,000 miles on it. I loved it until recently. There has been a problem with the transmission, I have already had it replaced twice in less than 14 months! Also the stereo has had to be replaced due to buttons not functioning and the lights flickering on the screen and not the new one is starting to do the same thing :( Thankfully it was all covered under warranty. I will most likely sell the car before the warranty expires so that I will not have to fund these expenses next year when the transmission needs to be replaced AGAIN.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.