Used 2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

2 years and going
By Gus

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Got a 6-speed manual in Oct '07. Loved driving it fast. Mileage is great compared to my wife's minivan (I avg. 24-27). Since it's a 4-cylinder, not very powerful but it gets the job done. Also, got the manual because the wife doesn't know how to use it; hence, I drive it all the time.

6-speed manual. Saves a lot on gas.

If a six-cylinder were available that avg. the same gas mileage as my four- cylinder, I would've gotten it instead. Bless you Nissan.

One year old and...
By wnyguy2003

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Still in love with it. I have the 6 speed manual and have gotten as high as 42 mpg, and this isn't a hybrid. I usually get around 35-38 mpg and that is combined city/highway. I do see that the cruise control helps a lot with the mileage. Love the way the car looks and feels. Could handle a little bit better in the snow as we get lots in the Buffalo area, but it isn't that bad that I wouldn't drive it or don't feel safe. I tried many cars before I bought this, like the Accord/Civic, Jetta (which was my 2nd pick), Madza3, Impala, G6... wasn't looking for a certain size, just what I liked. It has over 14000 miles on it now and can't wait to put on another 15000 this year!

Style gas mileage

Interior driver's door could be tighter

Love my Nissan
By Lee

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my Altima to drive to work. My daughter drove it home for me it was an hour drive she fell in love with it and the next week purchased her own Altima from the same dealer. We really do love our Altima.

Keyless entry

Another excellent midsize sedan
By Mz6GreyGhost

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

My wife purchased the Altima to replace her 2000 Neon. After driving everything else in its class, the Altima was her choice. The power from the 2.5L is impressive with either the 6-speed manual or CVT, and is plenty for merging in rush-hour traffic, while being smoother than most other 4-cyl cars. The interior is nicely styled and executed, with high-quality materials and excellent fit-and-finish (much better than the interior in my mothers '03 Altima). It rides and drives well, sportier than the Camry and Accord, but not as much as my Mazda6. The Convenience Plus package is well worth the price for the moonroof and alloy wheels alone. An excellent choice for a competent midsize sedan.

Intelligent Key may be a gimmick to some, but my wife likes it. Excellent gas mileage (better than the Neon), and the 20-gallon tank allows a 600+ mile range, excellent for high-mile commutes. The base stereo with single CD player is impressive. Lots of space for passengers, both front and rear.

Steering is too light, and ride is floaty compared to my Mazda6.

Great style inside and out!
By Rob

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I just bought this car but since I live 3 hours away from the dealership, I have had that much time behind the wheel. I traded a 2003 3.5 se for the 2.5 S. That power difference from the two are like night and day, but I saved a few thousand and am overall happy with my purchase. The new style is better than anything in it's price range. It actually looks better in person than in photos. I chose the 6 speed manual over the CVT, I drove both but the CVT did not offer that same sporty feel as the manual. Overall, if you want a greal looking reliable car in this price range - this is it.

I still can't believe how great this car looks. I'm sure the "awe" will wear off eventually, but it beats all other competitors in styling both inside and out. The 2.5 is not fast, but it never feels lost for power.

Options are too expensive.