2007 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Most Reliable Car I've Owned
By nolemonsplease on 08/23/13 12:05 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

We bought this car in 2008 with 17K miles on it and have been driving the heck out of it ever since. It now has 112K miles on it and so far all I've had to replace was the brakes on it. Got aftermarket ceramic brakes with nicer discs. MPGs are great. I currently avg 29.7mpgs driving conservatively but the 4 cyl respond quite nice when you need to pass. The paint on the roof and hood is starting to fade and it sucks since re-painting is not cheap but I also don't keep it in the garage. The Alternator might be iffy. Just replaced a batter and the brake and battery lights on the dash are flickering. Hopefully nothing too bad. Overall it has been the most reliable car I've ever owned!

Not Comfortable
By JoeFrank on 04/26/09 19:00 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

One of least comfortable cars I have ever driven. Every bump, every hole, every paint line is felt. Even my old 96 Camry and 2001 Regal are much more comfortable. I wanted a car to take on trips, but this is not the car.

Unresolved problems
By dianne on 10/02/08 16:56 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Brakes squeal. Popping sound from front wheel area sounds like the strut when turning engine clatters as if out of oil. Steering wheel and passengers seat vibrate. Stereo has cuts in and out, speakers have a lot of static at times. There have been times radio would not come on at all after a car wash. Dash and front right door rattle.

Completely Unreliable
By New Honda Owner on 08/05/08 06:35 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

We loved the styling and perks of the 2.5SL, and we loved the car for the first 2500 miles. Its been downhill fast from there- the car has been in the shop about 10 times in the first year of ownership. In addition to many smaller issues, we have had the transmission replaced, the exhaust pipes replaced, and the computer reprogrammed three times for a very rough idle. The car rattles like an old chevy truck, and they can't figure out why. Isn't legally a lemon, so we traded it- for a Honda. Will NEVER own another Nissan.

I want to trade it in already!
By Ica on 04/11/08 17:54 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I do like my 2.5S Altima for the way that it looks on the outside. The design especially on the back is what led me to the dealer in the first place. The push key is fun as well. But that is all that is good inside, noise comes from everywhere! I feel like it is going to fall apart as I drive it. Oh and mine sounds like crap all day and I keep taking in to the dealer they say it is fixed some recall crap and then guess what I hear as I drive home? Ugh!

Stepping up to an ALTIMA
By Linda on 01/01/07 13:26 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

After driving a Dodge Neon, I'm enjoying the roominess of the Nissan Altima. It gives a smooth ride and has the looks of a luxury car. Best car purchase I've made to date!

Almost There
By dave on 12/07/06 07:54 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

The 2007 Altima is a considerable improvement over the 06. Intelligent Key, Push button start, Front side and curtain airbags standard. It has all the right equipment. The car is plenty powerful, and gets decent mileage. But... The center console and cup holder materials do not match the quality as the rest of the car. Also I would have liked to see trunk hindges like the Maxima on the Altima. Styling is great and the price is right!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.