Used 2007 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Altima

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

2007 Altima (3.5 L )
By peses

2007 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have owned my car for 2 years. Overall Nissan made a great car! Starting with the exterior, I find the car sporty looking especially with the 17" rims. The interior is put together very well. Mostly soft touch materials and no rattles. The Bose speakers and absolutely amazing, the best I've heard for stock speakers. I just reached 200,000 km ( 125,000 miles ) and the only problem Ive had is the tire light malfunctions. I would recommended this car to anyone!

Favorite Features

Interior styling ( soft touch materials and high end feeling ) Bose speakers 3.5 L V6 ( excellent power and good on gas ). ( 10L /100 km ) Takes corners like a sports car

Suggested Improvements

Very low to the ground ( especially a problem in winter ) Rough ride on uneven pavement ( you feel the bumps ) Bluetooth doesn't always work

I got a lot of car for my money.
By diverse379

2007 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car used in 2010 it had 32000 miles on it. The thing that blew me away was that you can coast in 4th gear at 5 mph. Anyone who drives a manual knows that sounds impossible. Somehow The engineers at Nissan figured out that stop and go traffic is made more annoying when you drive a manual. So this transmissions helps with the commute. on to the car. I was shopping for a bmw recently and test drove a 330 with performance package Right after the test drove I hopped in my Nissan and pushed the envelope a bit. This Nissan really performs. I cant say enough. If you can find one of these with the manual test drive it you wont regret it

Favorite Features

the transmission is awesome. the leather interior. and overall modular look. I feel like I am in the lap of luxury

Suggested Improvements

put some more noise reduction materials to quiet down the road noise that is the only complaint I have for this car.

Most Reliable Car I've Owned
By nolemonsplease

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

We bought this car in 2008 with 17K miles on it and have been driving the heck out of it ever since. It now has 112K miles on it and so far all I've had to replace was the brakes on it. Got aftermarket ceramic brakes with nicer discs. MPGs are great. I currently avg 29.7mpgs driving conservatively but the 4 cyl respond quite nice when you need to pass. The paint on the roof and hood is starting to fade and it sucks since re-painting is not cheap but I also don't keep it in the garage. The Alternator might be iffy. Just replaced a batter and the brake and battery lights on the dash are flickering. Hopefully nothing too bad. Overall it has been the most reliable car I've ever owned!

Favorite Features

Push start is my favorite feature. The 17 gal tank will give me 500+ miles between fill ups

Suggested Improvements

I have the base model with cloth seats. The driver's seat is uncomfortable for my taste (I'm 5'11) and my lower back always hurts after long rides. Not sure if the seat is too worn after 110K miles but it could be better. Other than that the car is a great commuter.

Will never buy Nissan again
By chocaholic

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Before I had this Nissan I had a 2000 Honda accord, that was so quiet you could hardly hear it run. It now has 220,000 miles on it and is still going strong, but my husband wanted it for work, so I got a newer car. I decided on the Nissan Altima for it's styling. What a mistake! I hate driving the car now. Because of it's gurgling noises and ticking noises and inside crackling noises and road noise, I hate this car and wish I never got it. I would never recommend this car to any of my friends. Do yourself a favor and don't buy the Nissan Altima. You will regret it! The car is an over priced, pretty piece of JUNK.

Favorite Features

nice style design.

Suggested Improvements

Build a well built car instead of a noisy, crackley car.

So far, great car!
By erichards

2007 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bought my '07 Altima (loaded) used w/38k miles in Dec '11. Started off on the wrong foot - had to replace battery (dealer covered) and front brakes (dealer didn't cover) in the first 10 days. Brakes weren't worn out, but had a pulsing feel under braking the tech wrote off as "slightly hazed rotors". I replaced them with high quality aftermarket rotors & pads, and they have been perfect in the 13k miles since. Since then, the car has been great, no other problems, just regular maint. I love the handling & power of this car, and the sound of the Bose system is the best I've ever heard from a factory unit. The seats could be a little more supportive, but for a sedan they're not too bad.

Favorite Features

That VQ engine, great handling for a FWD sedan, comfortable interior, Bose sound system that kicks a$$, huge trunk.

Suggested Improvements

Gas milege could be better (best hwy so far has be ~25, average had been ~22), seats could be more supportive, interior noise at highway speeds is a little more than I expected.