2007 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
I got a lot of car for my money.
By diverse379 on 02/26/14 17:49 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car used in 2010 it had 32000 miles on it. The thing that blew me away was that you can coast in 4th gear at 5 mph. Anyone who drives a manual knows that sounds impossible. Somehow The engineers at Nissan figured out that stop and go traffic is made more annoying when you drive a manual. So this transmissions helps with the commute. on to the car. I was shopping for a bmw recently and test drove a 330 with performance package Right after the test drove I hopped in my Nissan and pushed the envelope a bit. This Nissan really performs. I cant say enough. If you can find one of these with the manual test drive it you wont regret it

Most Reliable Car I've Owned
By nolemonsplease on 08/23/13 12:05 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

We bought this car in 2008 with 17K miles on it and have been driving the heck out of it ever since. It now has 112K miles on it and so far all I've had to replace was the brakes on it. Got aftermarket ceramic brakes with nicer discs. MPGs are great. I currently avg 29.7mpgs driving conservatively but the 4 cyl respond quite nice when you need to pass. The paint on the roof and hood is starting to fade and it sucks since re-painting is not cheap but I also don't keep it in the garage. The Alternator might be iffy. Just replaced a batter and the brake and battery lights on the dash are flickering. Hopefully nothing too bad. Overall it has been the most reliable car I've ever owned!

Will never buy Nissan again
By chocaholic on 07/02/12 07:44 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Before I had this Nissan I had a 2000 Honda accord, that was so quiet you could hardly hear it run. It now has 220,000 miles on it and is still going strong, but my husband wanted it for work, so I got a newer car. I decided on the Nissan Altima for it's styling. What a mistake! I hate driving the car now. Because of it's gurgling noises and ticking noises and inside crackling noises and road noise, I hate this car and wish I never got it. I would never recommend this car to any of my friends. Do yourself a favor and don't buy the Nissan Altima. You will regret it! The car is an over priced, pretty piece of JUNK.

So far, great car!
By erichards on 06/13/12 06:51 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bought my '07 Altima (loaded) used w/38k miles in Dec '11. Started off on the wrong foot - had to replace battery (dealer covered) and front brakes (dealer didn't cover) in the first 10 days. Brakes weren't worn out, but had a pulsing feel under braking the tech wrote off as "slightly hazed rotors". I replaced them with high quality aftermarket rotors & pads, and they have been perfect in the 13k miles since. Since then, the car has been great, no other problems, just regular maint. I love the handling & power of this car, and the sound of the Bose system is the best I've ever heard from a factory unit. The seats could be a little more supportive, but for a sedan they're not too bad.

Love this car!
By rnorred86 on 01/29/12 12:13 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased this car in March 2011. My previous car was a 2006 Toyota Corolla S. It was a great reliable car, but I needed a bigger car with more legroom (I'm over 6ft.). It has a spacious interior & a comfortable steady ride & sporty handling. The interior is quiet & the 2.5L 4-cylinder engine is surprisingly powerful & has excellent passing power. It feels like a V6 & is also as quick as some V6's. I've been averaging 22.5 mpg, not as high as they say because I do more spirited driving & like to feel the great power of the 4 cylinder. I bought this car for its sportiness & roomy interior & I recommend this car for those of you that need a sedan, but still want that sporty handling.

Hoping for the best - Beware of catalytic converter
By ams5db on 12/04/11 18:30 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought a 2007 Altima 2.5S 4-cyl from a private seller in July 2011. It had 117,000 miles on it, mostly highway. The car was in great condition and I even had it inspected at a shop before buying it. About five days after driving it, the check engine light came on. I thought there couldn't possibly be something wrong with it already, so I manually turned the light off and waited...two weeks later, it was on again. The catalytic converter was the problem and I had it cleaned out, but was told that it still may need to be replaced. Everything was fine for about 3 months, but the CE light just came on again at 121,000 miles. I don't want the engine to get ruined, so I'll have to fix it asap.

Fun to Drive and Withstands Abuse
By randy1099 on 10/14/11 14:09 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My girlfriend purchased this car new and it now has 102,000 miles on it. Being a die-hard American muscle car guy, I hate almost all FWD 4 cylinder cars, especially the imports. I was truly shocked by this one. The engine makes way more usable horsepower that I expected and coupled with the CVT, is able to perform well above its pricepoint. Somehow, Nissan managed to make this engine smooth and eliminated the torque steer associated with high power FWD cars. Girlfriend did almost no maintenance to this car for the first 90,000 miles. Car still runs great and gets low 30 MPG. CVT did die at 98,000 miles but Nissan replaced it for free. I do the maintenance and car is easy to work on.

A Decent Commuter
By autojunkie79 on 09/11/11 17:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

As my daily driver, the Altima is very quiet compared to the previous generation and gets great gas mileage (30.1 mpg avg) despite spirited driving tendencies (70+ mph, squirting through traffic). Now at 56K, it has been very reliable though there are several minor quality issues: A heat shield that rattles when engine is cold, air intake that keeps coming off and rear wheel well liner that keeps popping out - nothing that affects drivability or safety. For a midsize family sedan, the Altima handles surprisingly well but the electric steering is lifeless and OEM tires are horrid in the snow. I don't love this car, but I don't hate it either. It's a safe bet, just like Camry and Accord.

Great Car!
By dez24 on 08/15/11 02:28 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased my Nissan Altima in Febrary 2008. This is by far the most reliable vehicle I have owned. I have not experienced any major problems with this car which also makes it the least expensive car to maintain I have owned. I cannot say enough great things about this car!

Good value car
By prkv on 05/22/11 03:04 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Bought a new nissan altima 2.5SL, got a very good deal on the price since i bought when the 2008 model was already in the market. exterior styling and features are very good. interior is very comfortable for 4 people. for 5 people it is good on short trips. rear middle set is really hard. trunk space is very good. can easily fit it two full size check-in bags and small cabin bag. handling is very good at normal highway speeds. takes the curves good, i've done 40mph at 65mph just adjusting the gears. acceleration is good with two people. even though i hear many people complaining about the CVT, don't feel it is bad for a family sedan. suspension is very good and gives a smooth ride.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.