2006 Nissan Altima Consumer Review: Everything the 3.5SE was plus

2006 Nissan Altima - Consumer Review

3.5 SE-R Sedan (3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic)

Everything the 3.5SE was plus more
By Scott Thatcher on

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE-R 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The 05 SE-R is my third Nissan. Loved my 02 3.5SE Altima and 05 3.5SE Altima. Held value so well I could trade in 1-1.5 years and make cash on the deal. Handling, acceleration and braking are phenomenal. Styling outside is great, HID headlights and Bose standard are great additions to the 3.5SE. BIG rotors & brakes, nice forged wheels. Great interior space. Versatile lay down back seats. I consider American, Toyota, Honda and VW every time but I get the most bang for my buck with the Nissan Altimas. Nissan dealers have always been no hassle no haggle with me.

Great styling outside, Great styling inside. Unreal response on brakes and the gas. Gets looks. Reliable. Great highway mileage (30 or so). Once you are used to it, every other vehicle feels like it handles sloppy.

Interior could be a little quieter/tighter, especially on rough roads like brick. Purchasers should be warned that tires on it are "Summer Performance" only-- not all season. I would enjoy a "city mode" to down the power and up the MPG in the city-- averaging 22MPG. Was higher with 3.5SE.