2006 Nissan Altima Consumer Review: Burning oil in a foreign car??

2006 Nissan Altima - Consumer Review

2.5 S Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Burning oil in a foreign car???
By klr4isu on

2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've had this car for just over a year and enjoyed it until I started burning oil for no reason. No leaks, I'm actually BURNING it! I went through a quart of oil in about a month. I thought the hype of buying a foreign car was how reliable they are mechanically... go figure. Oh, and there's some weird rattling noise under the hood that my mechanic described as a "loose shield" that I have to get fixed. Sounds like a can with marbles shaking in it when I'm at about 2-2.5 RPMs. And I guess I figured the whole point of getting a 4-cylinder was the awesome gas mileage. I average 26 and I guess I figured it would be more since 80% of my driving is highway. Go figure. No more Nissans for me.

Exterior styling (although wish I would have gotten one with a spoiler).

Not selling cars that burn oil at less than 75k miles! The interior seems a little cheap too. I guess if I wanted luxury in a Nissan I should have went with a Maxima. Better gas mileage too.