2006 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Was as good in 06 as it was in 02
By sdepaiva on 08/09/07 18:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded my 2002 3.5 w/sunroof, leather and Bose 6CD changer when my warranty ran out. I bought it in 2004 with 12k on it. Great car, but I wanted the security of the warranty. Was so happy with the 2002, that I bought the same colors in the 2006. I was able to work a great deal. They added a sunroof and leather aftermarket- both are top notch. The only thing I'm missing is the Bose. Otherwise, I liked this as well as the first one. Handling, interior appointments and sporty exterior are all there. Very responsive. Super reliable and great gas mileage (24C/29H). Would buy another one! They got rid of the polished pewter color, though. :(

First Road Trip With My Altima
By JC OF VA on 07/20/07 05:49 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is my second review of his vehicle. I purchased my Altima in December 2006 and recently took my first family vacation with it. I drove the vehicle from southeast Virginia to western New York nearly 2000 miles and was extremely pleased. This vehicle begs to be driven faster than the speed limit. It rides great on highway and I got nearly 450 miles on full tank of gas. The cruise control made for a smooth driving experience and the engine was very quite at high speeds. The vehicle had plenty of leg room and the seats were comfortable at driving for long periods of time. This vehicle is of exceptional quality and I look forward to driving it for a long time.

Just a Few Minor Setbacks
By James on 07/17/07 17:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Bout my Altima brand new in Jan.06, my first brand new car purchase. Since purhasing this car, I've truly understood why indiviuduals are loyal to their brands. I was a previous Honda Civic owner (1997 & 2002, both coupes) and I was looking for more when switching to Nissan. Not excited about the drive at all. The peppy 4cyl engine has great power but is pulled back significantly when running A/C. I've had mine in for service numerous times. A/C & radio stopped working after 3 months...still no diagnosis but repaired. Transmission light continues to come on occasionally while driving, and seems to jerk on a start up and go move.

My 4th Nissan
By M I on 07/01/07 19:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Having owned a 1984 Stanza, 1992 Stanza and 1997 Infiniti, this new Altima has not disappointed. Ride comfort and handling are excellent and the 4 cyl accelerates like a 6 cyl. Looking forward to the reliability and the cheap insurance price.

Bang for your buck!
By Martymd21ser on 05/07/07 15:52 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE-R 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I love my Altima. I test drove all the leading mid-sized sedans and the Altima won my pick. This vehicle is so much fun to drive! It has power like no other! I loved the car so much that I brought a second one. This time I went for the 3.5 SE-R!

Same Book, Chapter Two
By W. Klasner on 03/28/07 20:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Prior car was '05 Altima 3.5SE. Both provided great performance, plenty of room, decent to good fuel mileage, great reliability and trouble free operation. Both exhibited weak front suspension, poor dash lighting in radio display,some noticeable flex in body or chassis when under higher passenger loads. Would buy another.

Smooth Riding Altima
By Pat on 03/19/07 18:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned my Nissan Altima for 1 month now. I love it. It has a lot of power for a 4 cyl. It rides very smooth. I love to hear the engine roar on open road. The car is very quiet, you can't hear outside noises. One thing that I do not like is that the arm rest sits back a bit far so you can't rest your arm on it. If the car is not warmed up completely it jerks once you start going. Once warmed up, I have no problems. I only noticed that when I start out first thing. But, besides the cold jerking and the armrest. It's worth it. I bought it for reliability and I have always wanted to own a Altima. Nice Pick up, just as fast as the Malibu. Nice styling.

1/2 price Beamer
By MJ on 03/14/07 12:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

20 MPG in city and 30 on Highway, 3,000 RPM at 80 MPH. comfortable for 5. Special Edition Package great bargain. Sun roof works smoothly and quiet. Fun car to drive. Wish it would have been a 6 speed in 2006.

My SL Altima
By Carol Neugebauer on 02/27/07 10:02 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Since 1984, only owned SUVs..love my Altima SL. Performance and dependable all of the time.

Updated from 09/06 (Bought 05/06)
By new_to_nissan on 02/22/07 18:39 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Few months back put 1200 miles in one trip. This car did not disappoint me for a minute. With 175 hp pick and smooth highway ride, my family felt secure while taking a ride on this car. Honda Accord 2000 as my first car and ended up buying Altima because of wreck. I still love Honda cars but every day when I drive this car, it seems to me that this car is asking me to challenge its ride and handling. Nissan had done well to earn the confidence of drivers like me, mid 30’s young dads who drive responsibly. If you are responsible driver and occasionally drive 5mph or 10 mph over the limit, I will suggest this car. So far it is trouble free.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.