Used 2006 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Great overall car
By OneCoolGi

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this car 2 months ago with just over 40,000 miles on it. The car took me by surprise when I first sat in the car, much roomier than it looks from the outside. The car is also very fast, I burnt rubber right out of the dealership on the test drive. Passing speed is no problem, it does it in the blink of an eye. I just drove from NJ to NC and got 32 mpg, at an average speed of 75 mph. City driving it will get 21-22 mpg. Overall its getting 26 mpg combined. All-in-all a great car for the money. Great fuel economy for the power that comes with it. Interior is very nice, lots of gadgets. Great look too. only problem is that I see a ton of them on the road.

Favorite Features

Speed, fuel economy, comfort. Bose stereo. Radio steering wheel controls.

Suggested Improvements

Turning radius is a little better than my Dodge Dakota.

Just Awsome!!
By VQPowerBaby

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my Nissan Altima 3.5SE for over 2 years now, and have had nothing but FUN in this car. I test drove a 2.5 and a 3.5 at the dealership when I was buying and after experiencing the thrust and power of the 3.5 I had to have it. The car now has just over 50k miles on it, and have had NO PROBLEMS at all - that being said I have only ever used Mobile 1 Synthetic oil, and 91 Octane fuel and the car has purred without hiccup for me through the duration of ownership. I have taken multiple long distance road trips, and I really just cant get enough of the performance ride. Seriously no matter at what RPM or speed you are at there is plenty of power to spare-I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS CAR

Favorite Features

Power at every speed, extremly quick throttle response, handling, corners like a much smaller sports car / STYLE - LOOKS HOT / Interior is VERY Comfortable, very efficiant design, HUGE TRUNK space, Did I mention THRUST? Surprising interior room - fits 5 very comfortably,get compliments all the time

Suggested Improvements

None - yes it's that good.

Burning oil in a foreign car???
By klr4isu

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've had this car for just over a year and enjoyed it until I started burning oil for no reason. No leaks, I'm actually BURNING it! I went through a quart of oil in about a month. I thought the hype of buying a foreign car was how reliable they are mechanically... go figure. Oh, and there's some weird rattling noise under the hood that my mechanic described as a "loose shield" that I have to get fixed. Sounds like a can with marbles shaking in it when I'm at about 2-2.5 RPMs. And I guess I figured the whole point of getting a 4-cylinder was the awesome gas mileage. I average 26 and I guess I figured it would be more since 80% of my driving is highway. Go figure. No more Nissans for me.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling (although wish I would have gotten one with a spoiler).

Suggested Improvements

Not selling cars that burn oil at less than 75k miles! The interior seems a little cheap too. I guess if I wanted luxury in a Nissan I should have went with a Maxima. Better gas mileage too.

Excellent choice
By jp

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is my third Nissan vehicle. Have not had any problems with this 2.5 altima. It has leather seats, moon roof, Bose system. After driving my 92 Nissan truck for years without any problems and my 2000 frontier without any problems, I decided that Nissan was by far the best, most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. Both pickups are still running today and had 189,000 miles or more on them when I traded them in. This 2006 altima exceeds my expectations everytime I drive it. I knew the engine would be a little bit louder than other cars because of the timing chain instead of a timing belt. But in my opinion makes it more reliable.

Favorite Features

4 cylinder has plenty of power, love everything about it.

Suggested Improvements

none

Good overall car
By hogan

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my Altima with 35,000 miles. Ran great for awhile. Had a major problem with transmission not shifting and I could not get the car in Drive, or Reverse. Turns out this is a common problem. There is even a little thing in front of the shifter that can be popped open and then you are supposed to push your key in it to disengage the shifter so you will not get stranded. I did not know this so I had to get towed. Whole time the rest of the car was flawless, ran great. Shelled out $600.00 and the garage put new sensor in, but said problem could come back at anytime. Google it and you won't believe how many people had same problem. Other than that great car.

Favorite Features

Mileage, comfortable seats, handles decent

Suggested Improvements

Tighten hood so it doesn't shake, even garage could not get it to stop.