Used 2006 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

not so smooth....
By vamshi

2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I had this car for almost 3 years...37K miles on it. the tires that came with the car were very cheap...cant blame the car. My only complaint is the ride doesn't feel smooth anymore....I can hear the road noise through the cabin....It is not supposed to be that way. Dealer says everything ok but not sure. Like the car for all its features but still have my doubts about its reliability.

the SE version has everything you could ask for....worth every penny.

great car so far
By erin

2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2.5 SL used a few months ago after trading in my hummer H3 (i know, big change), and have not been disappointed yet. Fun car to drive, gets great gas mileage. average around 28 mpg. Only problem was 3 days after buying it, came out of a store and the battery was dead. Got a jump and called Nissan and they told us to either call and have it towed in (they would reimburse us), or go buy a battery and they would reimburse us for it, which they did with no problem. Have no problem driving in the rain, car does great but have yet to drive it in the snow... i know that's a big complaint with a lot of people. Has a lot of wind noise in driver side door. Other than that, great car.

sporty, great pickup (even in the 2.5L), love the bose audio system and steering wheel controls

none so far

Excellent choice
By jp

2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is my third Nissan vehicle. Have not had any problems with this 2.5 altima. It has leather seats, moon roof, Bose system. After driving my 92 Nissan truck for years without any problems and my 2000 frontier without any problems, I decided that Nissan was by far the best, most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. Both pickups are still running today and had 189,000 miles or more on them when I traded them in. This 2006 altima exceeds my expectations everytime I drive it. I knew the engine would be a little bit louder than other cars because of the timing chain instead of a timing belt. But in my opinion makes it more reliable.

4 cylinder has plenty of power, love everything about it.

none

Burning oil in a foreign car???
By klr4isu

2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've had this car for just over a year and enjoyed it until I started burning oil for no reason. No leaks, I'm actually BURNING it! I went through a quart of oil in about a month. I thought the hype of buying a foreign car was how reliable they are mechanically... go figure. Oh, and there's some weird rattling noise under the hood that my mechanic described as a "loose shield" that I have to get fixed. Sounds like a can with marbles shaking in it when I'm at about 2-2.5 RPMs. And I guess I figured the whole point of getting a 4-cylinder was the awesome gas mileage. I average 26 and I guess I figured it would be more since 80% of my driving is highway. Go figure. No more Nissans for me.

Exterior styling (although wish I would have gotten one with a spoiler).

Not selling cars that burn oil at less than 75k miles! The interior seems a little cheap too. I guess if I wanted luxury in a Nissan I should have went with a Maxima. Better gas mileage too.

Just Awsome!!
By VQPowerBaby

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my Nissan Altima 3.5SE for over 2 years now, and have had nothing but FUN in this car. I test drove a 2.5 and a 3.5 at the dealership when I was buying and after experiencing the thrust and power of the 3.5 I had to have it. The car now has just over 50k miles on it, and have had NO PROBLEMS at all - that being said I have only ever used Mobile 1 Synthetic oil, and 91 Octane fuel and the car has purred without hiccup for me through the duration of ownership. I have taken multiple long distance road trips, and I really just cant get enough of the performance ride. Seriously no matter at what RPM or speed you are at there is plenty of power to spare-I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS CAR

Power at every speed, extremly quick throttle response, handling, corners like a much smaller sports car / STYLE - LOOKS HOT / Interior is VERY Comfortable, very efficiant design, HUGE TRUNK space, Did I mention THRUST? Surprising interior room - fits 5 very comfortably,get compliments all the time

None - yes it's that good.

• SUV