2006 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Beautiful Car - Roomy, Stylish, Reliable
By MC2006 on 03/13/08 18:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is a great car. I love the handling and power it has for a sedan. Very quiet inside (very little to no outside noise). Roomy and comfortable with lots of storage compartments. Nice interior. Bought it used in '07 and have had no problems. Also, I get very good mileage to the gallon.

Affordable Dream Car
By thebaker_7 on 03/08/08 00:29 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE-R 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This car is quick, out performs small V8s and almost every other NA V6 on the market. Stylish, comfortable, High resale value, rare (only made it 05 and 06), great gas mileage for a V6. Fully loaded. And I bought it used, with a Nissan Certified Pre-Owned warranty that was longer than the original Nissan warranty. Super satisfied!!!

2006 Nissan Altima
By jackie on 02/13/08 15:01 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

My wife and I love this car. We have the special edition package which provides very useful features. The fuel economy is good with ample interior and trunk space. No problems so far.

Perfect car for first time new car buyer
By Matt on 01/04/08 06:14 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car when I was 18 as a left over brand new. It's my first new car and I have it for 11 months now without a single problem. Fuel mileage is amazing. I don't think I've ever had under 25mpg in the city which is rare for a car of this size. 5-speed is almost to easy to drive. I think this is a perfect car for anyone who wants to buy new affordable car but doesn't want a compact.

Don't bother
By Madelin on 11/10/07 17:15 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this 4 cylinder car thinking that I was going to get decent mileage, however I barely get 17 MPG city 21 HWY. I can't start the car without pumping the gas pedal first. I've had the car in twice for service and they tell me they don't find anything wrong with it.

2006 Altima SE
By Jonathon on 11/09/07 13:07 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Nissan and it has really impressed me. Great on gas, lots of power, fun to drive. Love the Bose stereo and heated seats. I drive 50% city and 50% highway and current gas mileage is 26mpg.

Still Amazingly Quiet!
By denverjohn on 10/12/07 04:57 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

16K miles. No road noise, no rattles, no squeaks. Passengers are impressed with how quiet it is in the passenger compartment. This car has proven to be a great performer and a great value.

Nice Appearance
By Rita on 09/28/07 12:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

We always drove a Ford until 2006 when we decided to try a Nissan and have been very satisfied with performance, comfort and style. We like the steering wheel controls, the roomy trunk, the nice wide opening of the 4 doors and the doors are much more water tight than our last Ford. Our next car will most likely be another Nissan.

Super Commuter
By Jun in Redwood City on 09/27/07 21:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my Altima last Christmas '06. Walked in, picked the color, test drove it, then bought it. The car did not disappoint me. Except for the problem of the brake caliper piston on the driver side leaking causing the brakes to squeal/squeak after only 7500 miles. My mechanic who maintains my Pathfinder caught it right away, but the service dept. of the dealer where I bought it gave me a whole lot of bs. I took it to the dealer I got my Pathfinder, they found and concur about the problem, ordered the part and replaced it free since it was under warranty. The car is a sweet drive. Handled the Grapevine in SoCal with ease, mpg is great and I'm doing mods to it.

Sweet Ride
By Ron in SLC on 08/29/07 07:02 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned this vehicle for a year and love it. The 2.5 liter v4 gives the perfect mix of zip and fuel economy. My friends think it looks expensive but my wallet knows the truth.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.