2006 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Well-Built, Dependable Altima
By Steven on 07/27/08 11:41 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Replaced a '93 Maxima w/'06 Altima, and would do it again. Only problem was replacing a leaking steering oil pump, under warranty, n/c. Otherwise, just standard oil changes after 2+ years of ownership. On one long-range trip, got 27.75mpg w/continuous ac use. This car is well-built, stylish and inexpensive to maintain. Plenty of power w/6 cyl. Only real criticism: ease w/which the rear bumper can show scratches, scuffs -- just be careful! Good visibility all around. This is a great mid-size, mid-priced sedan.

Great car!
By Ryan on 07/03/08 13:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

This has been one of my favorite cars I have owned so far. The V6 is very powerful, and gets great fuel economy with the 5-speed. If I baby the car I can get 27 mpg average every time. Plenty of room, front and back. Huge trunk as well. Overall great car!

Things to watch for....
By Nissan meh... on 06/24/08 15:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

2006 Nissan Altima: automatic 48,000 miles. Gas mileage: 29 mpg highway. It's only my second car ever had and I am so unhappy. I find the transmission to be very harsh while shifting. It's hard to drive the car smoothly. The brakes constantly squeal and grab while driving at slow speeds even after I had them completely replaced. My car also seems to need a wheel alignment every 1,000 miles. Now I understand why the previous owner sold it. I'm not sure how well it held up in the beginning of its life but at near 50,000 miles it seems like its about to just give up life. My 1994 Mecury Sable with 100,000 miles, with a failing transmission, shifted more smoothly.

Nice Car
By gols4379 on 05/17/08 22:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car is great to drive on a daily basis and it looks fantastic. This is my second Altima in a row (last one was a 2001 SE that I traded in for this one). I got the SL package which includes heated leather seats, a sunroof/moonroof and a great Bose audio system.

Replacement
By T on 05/02/08 17:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2006 Nissan for Xmas 2006. My car has broke down on me twice brand new car first owner. I have services the car at the dealership I purchase from the car has a loud noise when you turn the vechile on brakes very noisy. I had a 1998 Camry with no problems before I purchase this car. I wish I still had my 1998 Camry. This Altima is no good.

Love It!!
By Bryan Wickel on 04/19/08 00:31 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I was in the market for a new car and was able to pick this up from a friend that deals in used cars. I purchased it with 3200 miles on it, which makes it practically new. Absolutely love it! Very peppy for a 4 cyl. Great room and comfort. Quiet and handles like a dream. Classy looking and looks like a much more expensive car.

I love the Nissan Altima
By Will on 04/08/08 19:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is by far the most fun sedan I have ever owned. I got the special edition and I love it! Even for a four cylinder, its extremely powerful. It is the most powerful 4 to date over its competitors at 175bhp. Gas mileage isnt that bad, at about 22.8 mpg. I like this model over the revised 07 model. One of the things that make the altima great is its astronomically large rear seat. I am 6'4'' and I am very comfortable back there even with the seats moved all the way back. Highly recomend as a used car! Even to buy over a new one.

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE
By rvjr1 on 03/21/08 16:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is a dream machine it has not given me one once of trouble and has a lot of pep, it is very good on gas for a 6 cylinder.

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL - Great Car !!
By ungrecco on 03/14/08 06:41 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car has a great engine, good brakes, great interior, xenon headlights, great stereo, nice interior, fold down seats, just about everything I could want in a car (at this price point anyway). I lugged tons of pipe, wood, and materials with the fold down seats - never let me down. Make sure you don't leave the xenons on without the engine. They suck juice fast! Again, great car, spacious, has a luxury element to it (gray with black leather interior). Steering wheel radio controls. I turned in my lease, no regrets!

Beautiful Car - Roomy, Stylish, Reliable
By MC2006 on 03/13/08 18:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is a great car. I love the handling and power it has for a sedan. Very quiet inside (very little to no outside noise). Roomy and comfortable with lots of storage compartments. Nice interior. Bought it used in '07 and have had no problems. Also, I get very good mileage to the gallon.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.