Used 2006 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 230 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Well traveled
By white_devil

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

My wife and I bought this car w/ 35k on it in 08. We have driven it w/out...W/OUT problems on numerous road trips. From Ft. Stewart, Ga,(home)cross-country,(round trip), to San Diego, Ca w/ a stop to see family in Shreveport, La for a week. Got to San Deigo to see more family for 2 weeks. While in SD, my wife's friend was getting married in Sacramento. Drove up to see that. I've made countless trips to Atlanta. (7-8hr round trip) 4 trips to San Antonio,Tx. 5 trips to Shreveport. Jacksonville every other weekend. My wife took her friend to New Hampshire to visit her family. All this travel + daily commutes to college, work, day care, ect. Has 110k today. All of this w/ NO PROBLEMS. None.

I don't know if this qualifies as a feature, but dependablility. Hands down the best feature about this car.

None.

Good overall car
By hogan

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my Altima with 35,000 miles. Ran great for awhile. Had a major problem with transmission not shifting and I could not get the car in Drive, or Reverse. Turns out this is a common problem. There is even a little thing in front of the shifter that can be popped open and then you are supposed to push your key in it to disengage the shifter so you will not get stranded. I did not know this so I had to get towed. Whole time the rest of the car was flawless, ran great. Shelled out $600.00 and the garage put new sensor in, but said problem could come back at anytime. Google it and you won't believe how many people had same problem. Other than that great car.

Mileage, comfortable seats, handles decent

Tighten hood so it doesn't shake, even garage could not get it to stop.

Great overall car
By OneCoolGi

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this car 2 months ago with just over 40,000 miles on it. The car took me by surprise when I first sat in the car, much roomier than it looks from the outside. The car is also very fast, I burnt rubber right out of the dealership on the test drive. Passing speed is no problem, it does it in the blink of an eye. I just drove from NJ to NC and got 32 mpg, at an average speed of 75 mph. City driving it will get 21-22 mpg. Overall its getting 26 mpg combined. All-in-all a great car for the money. Great fuel economy for the power that comes with it. Interior is very nice, lots of gadgets. Great look too. only problem is that I see a ton of them on the road.

Speed, fuel economy, comfort. Bose stereo. Radio steering wheel controls.

Turning radius is a little better than my Dodge Dakota.

Electrical Problems
By toolmangonnabe

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Decent acceleration, firm seats, seems like good quality materials - have held up over 4 years so far. Having MAJOR electrical problems and only have 32,000 miles on the car - dealership has known fixes that last long term but want beau coup bucks to fix is - if they knew this was a problem why not fix it at the factory level? I've had days where it just decided not to start - this is bull and I won't buy another Nissan. My 2002 Olds Intrigue with 110K mi drives better and has been more reliable (just not as sporty).

Interior build quality and materials.

Electrical that doesn't short out. Better fuel economy for this size of car, I would expect 35 mpg or better for the price.

It is a smooth quick runner
By Timothy Howell

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned it 2 weeks and I think this car will be the best in all areas. I have owned 12 autos (54 years of age)

Power, handling, quiet, responsive

No light in gear shift designators (in console)