2006 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Overall ok car
By JENSRQ on 01/03/09 11:52 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I drive mainly in city and on the interstate and have averaged 24.9 mpg since I've owned it. It doesn't handle well in rain - tires spin. The trunk always seems to bonk me on the head when I'm putting stuff in the trunk. Both side mirrors have had the trim fall off - once by closing the door and once in a car wash! I had a big piece of trim fly off the underside of the car too. Every time I pull into a parking spot with a curb, the underside is so low it scrapes. The brakes have whistled since shortly after purchase and I had the "dust" removed once at the dealership for $300 (not covered by warranty!) and within a month it was happening again - doesn't seem to affect performance.

Great family sports car
By Keith on 12/28/08 08:56 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I was looking for a sporty car to as my personal driver. I wanted manual transmission and power. This car does not disappoint. It looks good, rides great, and fun to shift. Leather and heated seats come in hand in the Chicagoland area. I am not thinking of buying another Nissan for the family vehicle

Dangerous in snow and rain
By Manu on 12/22/08 18:08 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE-R 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I own 06 Altima and drove 15000 miles. This vehicle is too dangerous to drive in snow and icy conditions.My car is came with out an ABS. I do not know how much improvement you get with ABS. Car slips crazy even at low levels of snow and icy. I am trying get rid off this car for my safety. In dry conditions the car is ok.

2006 Nissan Altima - Scary Car to drive
By Kzande on 10/01/08 17:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2006 Nissan Altima after hearing about how reliable these cars are. I have had nothing but bad luck with this car. The car does not come standard with ABS or traction. The car spins out and slides in the rain resulting in 3 car accidents since I bought the car. I had never been in an accident with any other car. The handling in this car is HORRIBLE. It Is very top heavy. The brakes have a tendency to slow the car down a low speeds and the shifting is hard for an automatic transmission. Rethink purchasing a Nissan Altima or make sure you get the ABS package.

Excellent Choice
By dan walz on 09/29/08 05:49 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Yeah, it can be boring to have a reliable car that feels good, is quiet, gets 24 mpg in town and 30 mpg on the highway, and never has had a problem. Well, I'm very happy with boring. This car is probably the best car I've ever owned on a value per dollar basis (during the last 40 years I've had everything from Mercedes, to Jaguar, to Ford, to Mercury, to Chevrolet, to Honda, and now my first Nissan).

Great Buy
By M.ENGR on 09/24/08 17:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the car with 10,000 miles, and I've put on well over 20,000 in less than a year. My gas mileage has been consistently over 30 mpg, and I've averaged almost 33 all summer. No problems at all. Great manual transmission with lots of power. Comfy ride and lots of room in back seat, even for large adults.

Awesome Car
By gcsimmons on 08/27/08 16:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I own a 93 Toyota Corolla with 230000 miles and we wanted a bigger car with fewer miles. This car is awesome. I love the room and the seats are great. The car is fast off the line and I can tell you my gas mileage is awesome for a 3.5 V6. I get 24 to 26 city and average 31 to 33 mpg highway. My 4 cylinder Corolla gets 34 to 37 highway. It seems the longer I drive the car the better gas mileage I get. I would definitely buy another Nissan they are a superior vehicle. Love, love, love my Nissan! Get one today you won't be sorry!

Great all round performer!
By Norskie4 on 08/19/08 04:04 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car does almost everything right: It looks are pleasant, interior room is generous, trunk is huge for its class. Handling is very good for a front wheel drive with an automatic, fuel economy likewise. Build quality and reliability is excellent.

You can have it all!!!
By Dan on 08/14/08 09:59 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've had this car for two weeks and it's easily the best car I've ever owned. Want good looks? It's one of the hottest looking sedans on the market. Want space? I'm 6' 4" with a long torso and I've got more head and legroom than I know what to do with (I hit my head in the back seat, however). Want fuel economy? Try about 29 on the highway and 27 in commuting (currently getting 26 and driving somewhat aggressively). Want torque and acceleration? Floor it even in 2nd gear and get tire spin. Watch the Porsche Boxster disappear into your rearview mirror as you hit 60 mph in under 6 seconds. Want reliability? Check Consumer Reports and be impressed.

Nissan Altima 3.5 SL with some SE access
By mbavon107 on 08/07/08 12:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My Nissan Altima was ordered the way I wanted it with the sporty features of the SE (spoiler, ground effects) and the luxury of the SL model. This is the first car I've had where I did not have to take it back in for pesky problems or for that matter any problems. My complaints are lack of traction in wet or winter driving (bad road manners) paint that chips and scratches very easily and an upper level stereo system with no MP3 capability.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.