2006 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Will not buy again
By Madman96 on 06/21/09 10:52 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This has been a nightmare from the day I bought it. I had to call NIssan for assistance and they sent me a physc evaluation questionaire before they would assist. The car smells of antifreeze. The seat belts lock and will not unlock. They were replaced on one seat and the problem got worse. I am on my third set of brakes and 3rd rotor on the left front. After each brake job the car rides decent for about 5000 miles and then the vibrations start. The rotors overheat and warp. Definite design flaw. Dealer always says no problem found with all problems. I will never buy from the dealer or Nissan again. 92,000 miles of unpleasant experience. Average mileage mostly highway 23 mpg.

Not a bad car but glad its a lease
By Allyson on 05/19/09 06:37 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Overall, this is a decent car. Gas mileage good, decent highway and uphill acceleration. Very nice-looking car. But after driving it for 3 years I am so glad my lease is up. The 2 major drawbacks of this car is 1) horrible in the snow, especially if there is any type of uphill slope-2) terrible brake design. I could never make it up any type of hill in the snow with this car. Never felt safe driving this in the snow. Paid extra to have very good snow tires put on last winter and performance in snow still crappy! And now at 29K miles the rear brakes (pads and rotors) are completely shot! And Nissan won't do a thing about it even though they know its a problem. Front brakes are fine- go figure!

Best car I have owned yet
By jhogan on 04/14/09 08:49 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Great car. Bought used and love it. Good weight for snow and rain, have had no problems slipping, spinouts, or traction problems. My brother borrowed it and said he almost totaled it in the snow, but he is one of these drivers that drives to fast and to close to other cars. Decent mpg for an engine that is 175 hp. Plenty of pickup for ramps and highway traveling. Enough room for me and the family. With trunk space to spare. Won't be my last Nissan. Good car for the money.

great car
By paul on 04/06/09 08:56 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is awesome..has great power,looks awesome and is so quiet..love the bose radio and the leather..If i was to get another one it would be the ser but I'm more than satisfied with the nissan..still runs and looks new with 71k.

RUN RUN RUN Away!!!
By jimbodwb on 03/17/09 11:52 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car has been nothing but problems from the very beginning. Should have returned it when I only got 5 miles from the dealer and the engine started spewing smoke. A hose was not clamped properly tranny fluid sprayed all over the engine. Then the speedometer is off like 5 mph but the dealer says "it is normal for this vehicle". Stereo had to be replaced for scratching cd's. Front brake rotors were warped and replaced at 18k after fighting with the dealer and contacting Nissan directly. Bringing back this week for rear rotors falling apart! Yes pieces of the rotor have rusted causing the pads to shred. Transmission slips since I got it but dealer says nothing wrong. This is the worst car ever!

Great for the family or having fun.
By packersfan34 on 03/02/09 03:43 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Me and my wife did a lot of research on the Altima before our purchase. The one drawback I could see was that people wished they had bought the V-6 instead of the I-4. The first time I test drove my Altima SL I knew it was DEFINITELY the car for me. The leather interior is soft and VERY comfortable. The six disc changer is great and the 8 speaker Bose system really rocks. I have not owned this vehicle very long but with the amount of test drives I've taken and the many vehicles I've looked at this the Altima is for sure the best mid-size family sedan for the money.

Incredible mileage and performance
By russ on 02/17/09 09:37 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

We bought this vehicle for my wife to run around in. At the time, I wasn't in love with the Altima but she was, so she got it, of course. We added the spoiler and kept the rest pretty stock. It is clean enough with its factory lines. I know that they say this car gets about 26 mpg but I get avg. 29 city, and 34-37 hwy and have since we have owned it. I am tremendously impressed with it especially for the price we paid. I did replace the battery but that is common when you spend summers in Az. It is not the first Nissan that we have had and it probably will not be the last.

Improvement
By grace on 02/09/09 23:47 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car does not perform well in the rain. My brakes were squeaking after 5 minutes in the rain. This car needs ABS brakes. I am somewhat disappointed. The commercial said buy Nissan, built tough. I had a Pontiac Sunfire, it performed very good in the rain. The only reason why I bought this car is my car was wrecked. The under side is too low, it drags on some drive ways. Some time I think the transmission is dragging. For the price it should have HD radio

Safety Proven
By karan on 02/05/09 13:36 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I hit a deer two nights ago going 65 MPH. I did not see the deer until I actually hit it. The hood did fly up over the windshield as I hit the deer dead center of the front of the car. Car is probably totaled since it's three years old but I wasn't hurt and the car didn't crumple. I was able to maintain my lane (skid marks are perfectly straight) and drive to the next driveway to call the authorities. I will buy another one.

This car ROCKS!
By Stew on 01/11/09 15:43 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is one the fastest, most responsive cars I have owned. $75G plua cars have pulled aside it sneered, and then were left in the dust with only factory equipment and settings. The body is gorgeous! Definitely spend the coin on 18" wheels and rims. When you turn off the traction slippage control, this car becomes a rocket.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.