Used 2006 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

cool
By Bugti40

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE-R 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

The car is comfortable very very very fast and fun to drive. It is awesome. I would recommend to everyone.

The power of the engine and speed

none

Update from Sept 17/06
By The Ice Man

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

My wife and I took a two week trip to Vegas, Phoenix then back to Canada. We put on over 4,000 miles. In all areas the car performed very well. Handling and performance threw the mountains was great. The car accelerated very well on the long climbs and it cruised at 75-80 mph very nicely and a quiet ride. We found the seats surprisingly very comfortable on the long trip. Over all we are very pleased with this purchase. The only thing I noticed during this trip was that the speedometer appeared to read incorrectly. After several checks it was determined that it was out by 6.6%. I took it to the dealer when I got back and they ordered a new gear for it. Note: I would have yours checked.

Styling, Silver colour exterior. The trip computer and of coarse the steering wheel controls, there quite a nice feature, standard ABS disks sure feel nice when you need them,, all is good,,,

Sunroof with the SE package would have been nice as well as fog lights as I live in a part of British Columbia where fog is an issue. Again, I would see your dealer about the speedo issue as mine was reading too high. Example is if I was doing 60 mph the speedo indicated I was doing 64 mph.

Transmission blew after 30 miles!!
By wils424

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

After 30 miles of driving the car (2.5 Special Edition, brand new), the car began jerking and chugging all over the road, revving up to 5000, and was very loud! The dealership claimed it was only a small computer chip that needed replacing. It happened a second time, and then a third time, and when I finally got to 900 miles, the entire transmission blew and needed total replacing! Nissan replaced the transmission but denied my claim for a new car. In the one month I've owned it, it's been in the shop 3 times and I've been in a rental 3 times! Never once did Corporate Nissan offer me any compensation for my terrible distress. I'm now forced to pursue legal action. It's been a nightmare!!

Perfection getting closer
By Lobo_0250

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

Riding an Altima far few mounths now, I just can say that I'm always more interested in my car. The 250 HP seem to be righr to the wheels, like th full pedal is direct to performances. the only way that car could be optimized is by making the stering wheel a little stiffer. But my heart is giving a BIG 9.5/10.

The direct link between the gas pedal ant the engine. It 's almost accelerating while you're just thinking about to do.

Getting the direction a little stiffer, maybe the suspension could be a little tighter too. Howerver the handling is realy impressive !

My Experience
By Hortense Bruno

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this car in May and the day I pulled off the lot, I knew I made the right choice. The Altima is a sleek care with a smooth ride. It is dressing, sporty and racy all in one. So far, very dependable and not too bad on gas considering the hike in gas prices back in April/May. I love my Altima. I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a new car. It is definitely New and Improved..I like it better than the Maxima. Thank you Nissan........Satisfied Customer!

Bose System, console, trunk

I can't think of any right now. The 2006 has everything.