Used 2006 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Love the Altima
By Nathan

2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Altima on lease through the great lease special that was on the Altima. Its been a great car. I love the huge trunk, audio controls on the steering wheels and I can squeal tires with the 4-cylinder. That is crazy. I love the features for the price.

Auto up and down windows, huge trunk, audio and cruise controls on the steering wheel, reliability

The 07 model took car of the improvements that I wanted.

Another Altima
By Steve Uhl

2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is 5 th Altima I have used. I drive them for business, 45,000 miles a year. I get a new car at 3 years or 120,000 miles. In that time we put tires and 1 set brakes and normal service. Fuel mileage is better than sticker 31 MPG + on highway. They are so good that my wife takes old Altima and uses it until I have to get another. When she is ready for newer car, it has between 150,000 and 160,000 miles on it and still have had not had any major work.

Just keeps going with out any problems.

Better color selection would like a diesel

Love the car
By RJP

2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is my third Altima and have been very pleased with each one, The cars rides very nice and I love the special edition package, and the alloy wheels give it an upgraded look, I am getting 29 mpg! I leased the car with the replaced engine and got the added warranty and the added rebate so it made it a heck of a deal!! All I ever do to these cars is just normal service, They have never let me down.

Steering wheel audio controls, power seat, auto headlights, overhead console,for a factory stereo I think its great!

none that I can think of, A very enjoyable car.

cool
By Bugti40

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE-R 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

The car is comfortable very very very fast and fun to drive. It is awesome. I would recommend to everyone.

The power of the engine and speed

none

Update from Sept 17/06
By The Ice Man

2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

My wife and I took a two week trip to Vegas, Phoenix then back to Canada. We put on over 4,000 miles. In all areas the car performed very well. Handling and performance threw the mountains was great. The car accelerated very well on the long climbs and it cruised at 75-80 mph very nicely and a quiet ride. We found the seats surprisingly very comfortable on the long trip. Over all we are very pleased with this purchase. The only thing I noticed during this trip was that the speedometer appeared to read incorrectly. After several checks it was determined that it was out by 6.6%. I took it to the dealer when I got back and they ordered a new gear for it. Note: I would have yours checked.

Styling, Silver colour exterior. The trip computer and of coarse the steering wheel controls, there quite a nice feature, standard ABS disks sure feel nice when you need them,, all is good,,,

Sunroof with the SE package would have been nice as well as fog lights as I live in a part of British Columbia where fog is an issue. Again, I would see your dealer about the speedo issue as mine was reading too high. Example is if I was doing 60 mph the speedo indicated I was doing 64 mph.

• SUV