Used 2006 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

I love my Car
By sage51406

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Exceptional car!! Drives nice, good gas mileage, and roomy for dogs both big and small.

Interior,

Should add more options for the price that you pay!

First time Nissan owner!
By Willie

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first NON-American vehicle. The styling is great. I love the clear lens tail lights. The ride is great, smooth over broken roads. There is noticeable torque steer when taking off quick, but it is controllable. I have the Special Edition Package and I love the steering wheel audio controls, power driver seat and sound system. The trip computer tells me fuel consumption and outside temperature. I'm averaging about 25 mpg in a mix of city and highway driving. There is some engine noise at highway speeds, but not unbearable. Great view front, side and rear with large windows and side mirrors.

Steering wheel audio controls, power driver seat, trip computer, audio system, exterior and interior styling. Clear tail light lenses, i'm having a rear spoiler added and the dealer threw in 16" Alloy wheels.

Alloy wheels should come standard on all models. Wish it had standard side air bags like the 2007 Sentra.

New Owner
By NaNette

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

We purchased an 2.5 S automatic Altima today.During the test drive I noticed the jerking as I accelerated. I am accustomed to noise so that does not bother me. This is our second Nissan but my everyday car is a 2002 Toyota Corolla which has standard features that should be included with the Altima (day time running lights, doors that lock when you put the car in drive and unlock when stop the ignition, abs, etc...) Concerned about the reports of possible oil consumption. Our salesperson told us about the engine recall but not the oil consumption.it seems a practical and good choice.

Roomy, able to accommodate my 6'6" husband. I like having folding rear seats and the features that come with the trip package.

reach to door handle too long. would like auto door lock and unlock features, daytime running lights and

first nissan for me
By special

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

although i looked at several cars the altima seemed to be the best buy for the money. it rides good, and is a good looking car. it has most of the nice options that add a lot of dollars that a lot of other cars charge a lot extra for. i got the 2.5 special model although i got hurt and have not been able to drive as much as i would have normal i have no complaints at this time

the storage compartments placed in all the right places.leg room as i am heavy and tall it is easy to get in and out trunk space is good for a mid sized car. it also handles well on the highway

i could do without the yellow lenses on the dash gauges.there is an annoying glare from the dash to wind shield on a sunny day

Fun Car to Drive
By Tom

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car a month ago, after searching and reviewing numerous other models/styles. This is our second Altima we've owned and what an improvement from the first one. Exterior styling is excellent. It has a distinctive shape that stands out from other vehicles on the road. The interior styling is good, but not great. It's a rather plain interior, with a bit of a cheap plastic feel in some areas. The wood-grain molding on the dash and the center console improves the feel. Storage is adequate, but small in the console. The ride is a bit stiff, but has a sporty feel to it. The 6-cyl engine is strong, with good acceleration. Steering is crisp and responsive.

Exterior styling, 6-cyl engine, sporty ride, responsive steering, steering wheel mounted controls, great interior space (roomy), great trunk space, exterior paint color (Mystic Emerald), dual exhaust, wood grain interior trim...all at a great price!

Turning radius...really need to swing out wide to get into parking spaces. Interior materials...too much cheap plastic. Center console storage too small, unusable. Temp control dials cheesy. Power window lock-out button...driver should still be able to operate rear windows with this engaged.

• SUV