Used 2006 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Altima

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Fun Car to Drive
By Tom

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car a month ago, after searching and reviewing numerous other models/styles. This is our second Altima we've owned and what an improvement from the first one. Exterior styling is excellent. It has a distinctive shape that stands out from other vehicles on the road. The interior styling is good, but not great. It's a rather plain interior, with a bit of a cheap plastic feel in some areas. The wood-grain molding on the dash and the center console improves the feel. Storage is adequate, but small in the console. The ride is a bit stiff, but has a sporty feel to it. The 6-cyl engine is strong, with good acceleration. Steering is crisp and responsive.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling, 6-cyl engine, sporty ride, responsive steering, steering wheel mounted controls, great interior space (roomy), great trunk space, exterior paint color (Mystic Emerald), dual exhaust, wood grain interior trim...all at a great price!

Suggested Improvements

Turning radius...really need to swing out wide to get into parking spaces. Interior materials...too much cheap plastic. Center console storage too small, unusable. Temp control dials cheesy. Power window lock-out button...driver should still be able to operate rear windows with this engaged.

Love the Altima
By Nathan

2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Altima on lease through the great lease special that was on the Altima. Its been a great car. I love the huge trunk, audio controls on the steering wheels and I can squeal tires with the 4-cylinder. That is crazy. I love the features for the price.

Favorite Features

Auto up and down windows, huge trunk, audio and cruise controls on the steering wheel, reliability

Suggested Improvements

The 07 model took car of the improvements that I wanted.

Another Altima
By Steve Uhl

2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is 5 th Altima I have used. I drive them for business, 45,000 miles a year. I get a new car at 3 years or 120,000 miles. In that time we put tires and 1 set brakes and normal service. Fuel mileage is better than sticker 31 MPG + on highway. They are so good that my wife takes old Altima and uses it until I have to get another. When she is ready for newer car, it has between 150,000 and 160,000 miles on it and still have had not had any major work.

Favorite Features

Just keeps going with out any problems.

Suggested Improvements

Better color selection would like a diesel

Love the car
By RJP

2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is my third Altima and have been very pleased with each one, The cars rides very nice and I love the special edition package, and the alloy wheels give it an upgraded look, I am getting 29 mpg! I leased the car with the replaced engine and got the added warranty and the added rebate so it made it a heck of a deal!! All I ever do to these cars is just normal service, They have never let me down.

Favorite Features

Steering wheel audio controls, power seat, auto headlights, overhead console,for a factory stereo I think its great!

Suggested Improvements

none that I can think of, A very enjoyable car.

cool
By Bugti40

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE-R 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

The car is comfortable very very very fast and fun to drive. It is awesome. I would recommend to everyone.

Favorite Features

The power of the engine and speed

Suggested Improvements

none