Used 2006 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Manual clutch problems
By Mike

2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Clutch burns out after only 10,000 miles. Nissan disclaims all responsibility and will not cover under warranty. Dealership unwilling to help.

Do not buy an Altima.

Awesome.......is all I can say
By kcgunner

2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

After having American made cars for my whole life (and having nothing but problems) I decided to go foreign. I did the research and the Altima had the most power, at the cheapest price of any of its competitors. I have had this car a month and absolutely love it! I rides so smooth that 80 feels like 60! I got the Special Edition package and I highly recommend getting it. It's only 450 bucks and you get 16" Alloy wheels, stereo controls on your steering wheel, splash guards, chrome trim, auto headlights, and more. I have gotten better than the listed MPG too. I usually get 29 MPG on the highway and 25 in the city!

Stereo controls on the steering wheel

I can't think of any.

I love my Car
By sage51406

2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Exceptional car!! Drives nice, good gas mileage, and roomy for dogs both big and small.

Interior,

Should add more options for the price that you pay!

First time Nissan owner!
By Willie

2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first NON-American vehicle. The styling is great. I love the clear lens tail lights. The ride is great, smooth over broken roads. There is noticeable torque steer when taking off quick, but it is controllable. I have the Special Edition Package and I love the steering wheel audio controls, power driver seat and sound system. The trip computer tells me fuel consumption and outside temperature. I'm averaging about 25 mpg in a mix of city and highway driving. There is some engine noise at highway speeds, but not unbearable. Great view front, side and rear with large windows and side mirrors.

Steering wheel audio controls, power driver seat, trip computer, audio system, exterior and interior styling. Clear tail light lenses, i'm having a rear spoiler added and the dealer threw in 16" Alloy wheels.

Alloy wheels should come standard on all models. Wish it had standard side air bags like the 2007 Sentra.

New Owner
By NaNette

2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

We purchased an 2.5 S automatic Altima today.During the test drive I noticed the jerking as I accelerated. I am accustomed to noise so that does not bother me. This is our second Nissan but my everyday car is a 2002 Toyota Corolla which has standard features that should be included with the Altima (day time running lights, doors that lock when you put the car in drive and unlock when stop the ignition, abs, etc...) Concerned about the reports of possible oil consumption. Our salesperson told us about the engine recall but not the oil consumption.it seems a practical and good choice.

Roomy, able to accommodate my 6'6" husband. I like having folding rear seats and the features that come with the trip package.

reach to door handle too long. would like auto door lock and unlock features, daytime running lights and