Used 2006 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Awesome
By Martin Brumback

2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

We have owned this car for about 6 months now and have no complaint excellent car would recommend to anyone the 4 cyl motor has endless power which you don,t see in many 4cyl engines

"A driver's car"
By bed21

2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the Altima because it is very exciting to drive. There is never a dull moment, even with the four-cylinder. It accelerates very quickly, some would say fast, and I can really FEEL the torque that Nissan has squeezed into the engine. The engine BEGS me to drive it hard and fast and it has a race-car like sound to it when I open it up. The handling is tight, not spectacular in corners, but fun enough and the steering is light and fairly responsive. Overall, the designers of the Altima had performance and excitement in mind, not Camry-like ride quality and comfort. It drives as sporty as it looks and I am so glad I own this car. If you enjoy to drive, give the Altima a look!

Torque, handling, aggressive exterior looks, interior room

Make more safety features standard, such as ABS and side airbags (2.5S trim). Refine the automatic transmission.

Like a Bull
By Salesguy

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Car is nice looking and fun driving...except for what could have easily been avoided with simple engineering. There is way too much TORQUE STEER. Car would swerve right unless you are prepared and braced at rapid acceleration. Very comfortable for long drives. Also, soft steel used for panels - easily dented in parking lots.

Power and comfort! Pretty good trunk and rear legroom, too.

Radio buttons are fragile. Torque steer is unacceptable.

Manual clutch problems
By Mike

2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Clutch burns out after only 10,000 miles. Nissan disclaims all responsibility and will not cover under warranty. Dealership unwilling to help.

Do not buy an Altima.

Awesome.......is all I can say
By kcgunner

2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

After having American made cars for my whole life (and having nothing but problems) I decided to go foreign. I did the research and the Altima had the most power, at the cheapest price of any of its competitors. I have had this car a month and absolutely love it! I rides so smooth that 80 feels like 60! I got the Special Edition package and I highly recommend getting it. It's only 450 bucks and you get 16" Alloy wheels, stereo controls on your steering wheel, splash guards, chrome trim, auto headlights, and more. I have gotten better than the listed MPG too. I usually get 29 MPG on the highway and 25 in the city!

Stereo controls on the steering wheel

I can't think of any.