Used 2006 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 230 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

1/2 price Beamer
By MJ

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

20 MPG in city and 30 on Highway, 3,000 RPM at 80 MPH. comfortable for 5. Special Edition Package great bargain. Sun roof works smoothly and quiet. Fun car to drive. Wish it would have been a 6 speed in 2006.

Sun Roof, Chrome Accents

6 speed... now in 2007 model

My SL Altima
By Carol Neugebauer

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Since 1984, only owned SUVs..love my Altima SL. Performance and dependable all of the time.

Bose stereo, love it and the seat warmers are great too!

Not so much plastic parts inside and outside for more durability.

Updated from 09/06 (Bought 05/06)
By new_to_nissan

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Few months back put 1200 miles in one trip. This car did not disappoint me for a minute. With 175 hp pick and smooth highway ride, my family felt secure while taking a ride on this car. Honda Accord 2000 as my first car and ended up buying Altima because of wreck. I still love Honda cars but every day when I drive this car, it seems to me that this car is asking me to challenge its ride and handling. Nissan had done well to earn the confidence of drivers like me, mid 30’s young dads who drive responsibly. If you are responsible driver and occasionally drive 5mph or 10 mph over the limit, I will suggest this car. So far it is trouble free.

Black on Black '06 SE-R
By Jason in St. Louis

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE-R 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

1 year now with my SE-R. Many positives, but room for improvement. Very stylish, I receive a lot of compliments from young and old alike. Great performance from a very reliable and well engineered engine. Aggressive exhaust tones, Xenon headlights, 18" wheels, 6 speed, 2 tone leather, Bose stereo, etc. With all this great stuff you get TORQUE STEER... big time, interior road noise from tires that are expensive to replace, and huge front wheel wells (car looks unbalanced from side profile). Overall, I'm VERY satisfied with my experience with this car... highly recommended.

Aggressive exhaust tones, large stainless steel exhaust tips, Xenon headlights, 18" wheels, 6 speed, 2 tone leather, heated seats, Bose stereo, large brakes w/ SE-R logo calipers.

Torque steer, interior noise, front wheel well gap.

The Altimate Driving Machine
By Altima3.5SE

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my car for almost a week and i love driving it! It is a super sleek and sexy car with a transmission/engine/chassis design that no other car can match in its class! Very easy to drive and stable when the need for aggressive driving is needed. Very roomy and a nice sounding base sound system. This has to be the best bang for your buck in the mid size class category and it is better built than Camry and Accord.

The manu-matic is my favorite, ride/handling, audio controls on steering wheel, tilt/telescoping, back seat room and fun to drive factor!

the only gripe is the torque steer, what do you expect from a vehicle with so much power under the hood! and did i mention it is fun to drive!