Used 2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

love at first drive..
By Harley

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I planned on buying a civic si later that day but I was strolling through dealerships with my sister checking out various cars for no reason. I drove past the Altima and she mentioned it and I backed up. I started checking it out and I slowly liked it more and more. The dealership owner let me test drive it. I accidentally peeled out leaving the dealership and was very impressed with the power. The drive sealed the deal for me. I bought it yesterday and I'm still smiling every time I walk up to the car. It's fast, comfy, decent on gas for the power it has. The stereo is the best I've heard so far. It has a nice security system and drives so smooth. Passing people on the highway or getting to highway speed is no problem At all. She only has 70k on her and besides a few cosmetic flaws, it's a 10-10 condition. I love this car.. Its a secret sports car that's still a 4 door and it feels almost like a luxury car.

Great overall car
By OneCoolGi

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this car 2 months ago with just over 40,000 miles on it. The car took me by surprise when I first sat in the car, much roomier than it looks from the outside. The car is also very fast, I burnt rubber right out of the dealership on the test drive. Passing speed is no problem, it does it in the blink of an eye. I just drove from NJ to NC and got 32 mpg, at an average speed of 75 mph. City driving it will get 21-22 mpg. Overall its getting 26 mpg combined. All-in-all a great car for the money. Great fuel economy for the power that comes with it. Interior is very nice, lots of gadgets. Great look too. only problem is that I see a ton of them on the road.

Speed, fuel economy, comfort. Bose stereo. Radio steering wheel controls.

Turning radius is a little better than my Dodge Dakota.

Try one Yourself
By BOB

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This Nissan Altima is the #rd one that i have had and have driven them all over 100K before upgrading to the newer models. This one has been better than the rest but overall they are great vehicles with an awesome engine, Never have had an engine issue.

The head room and the engine

none

5 Star Car!
By tobysunny2

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We love our Nissan Altima. It is so Low Maintenance and Reliable. We Highly recommend it.

Excellent Suspension. The ride feels wonderful, especially on long trips.

A shoffer!

Reliable and fun to drive
By Alex

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought one with 46k miles on it. I was happy to find that it still has plenty of power. I took it on a 7 hour road trip and enjoyed how easily I could pass other cars on the highway. It also gets pretty decent gas mileage for the size of the engine. The handling could be better, it feels heavy in turns. A little disappointed with the sound system. Overall a comfortable and capable vehicle.

Power, navigation system.

Turning radius isn't great. Sportier handling/suspension. Equalizer for the CD player. Lose the spoke in the center of the steering wheel. Seats are a little hard.