2006 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Great overall car
By OneCoolGi on 09/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this car 2 months ago with just over 40,000 miles on it. The car took me by surprise when I first sat in the car, much roomier than it looks from the outside. The car is also very fast, I burnt rubber right out of the dealership on the test drive. Passing speed is no problem, it does it in the blink of an eye. I just drove from NJ to NC and got 32 mpg, at an average speed of 75 mph. City driving it will get 21-22 mpg. Overall its getting 26 mpg combined. All-in-all a great car for the money. Great fuel economy for the power that comes with it. Interior is very nice, lots of gadgets. Great look too. only problem is that I see a ton of them on the road.

Try one Yourself
By BOB on 06/17/10 19:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This Nissan Altima is the #rd one that i have had and have driven them all over 100K before upgrading to the newer models. This one has been better than the rest but overall they are great vehicles with an awesome engine, Never have had an engine issue.

5 Star Car!
By tobysunny2 on 05/22/10 23:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We love our Nissan Altima. It is so Low Maintenance and Reliable. We Highly recommend it.

Reliable and fun to drive
By Alex on 11/29/09 19:59 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought one with 46k miles on it. I was happy to find that it still has plenty of power. I took it on a 7 hour road trip and enjoyed how easily I could pass other cars on the highway. It also gets pretty decent gas mileage for the size of the engine. The handling could be better, it feels heavy in turns. A little disappointed with the sound system. Overall a comfortable and capable vehicle.

great car
By paul on 04/06/09 08:56 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is awesome..has great power,looks awesome and is so quiet..love the bose radio and the leather..If i was to get another one it would be the ser but I'm more than satisfied with the nissan..still runs and looks new with 71k.

Great for the family or having fun.
By packersfan34 on 03/02/09 03:43 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Me and my wife did a lot of research on the Altima before our purchase. The one drawback I could see was that people wished they had bought the V-6 instead of the I-4. The first time I test drove my Altima SL I knew it was DEFINITELY the car for me. The leather interior is soft and VERY comfortable. The six disc changer is great and the 8 speaker Bose system really rocks. I have not owned this vehicle very long but with the amount of test drives I've taken and the many vehicles I've looked at this the Altima is for sure the best mid-size family sedan for the money.

Nissan Altima 3.5 SL with some SE access
By mbavon107 on 08/07/08 12:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My Nissan Altima was ordered the way I wanted it with the sporty features of the SE (spoiler, ground effects) and the luxury of the SL model. This is the first car I've had where I did not have to take it back in for pesky problems or for that matter any problems. My complaints are lack of traction in wet or winter driving (bad road manners) paint that chips and scratches very easily and an upper level stereo system with no MP3 capability.

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL - Great Car !!
By ungrecco on 03/14/08 06:41 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car has a great engine, good brakes, great interior, xenon headlights, great stereo, nice interior, fold down seats, just about everything I could want in a car (at this price point anyway). I lugged tons of pipe, wood, and materials with the fold down seats - never let me down. Make sure you don't leave the xenons on without the engine. They suck juice fast! Again, great car, spacious, has a luxury element to it (gray with black leather interior). Steering wheel radio controls. I turned in my lease, no regrets!

My SL Altima
By Carol Neugebauer on 02/27/07 10:02 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Since 1984, only owned SUVs..love my Altima SL. Performance and dependable all of the time.

Great Car
By DustyT on 09/25/06 11:44 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car in early July and I am still impressed with it. Very fast. Plenty of room for 2 car seats in the back seat. Gas mileage hasn't been the greatest yet, but it hasn't been on a highway for more than 20 miles at a time yet.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.