Used 2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE-R Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Awesome
By Shawn

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE-R 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I Recently Purchased My Altima SeR and I Absolutley Love it. The Torque Steer is Really Not That Bad As Many People Say it is. My intentions was to get a 6spd but instead all they had was the auto. Overall I'm Satisfied

Exhaust Note, Bose Stereo and 350z Gauges in the Dash.

Dangerous in snow and rain
By Manu

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE-R 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I own 06 Altima and drove 15000 miles. This vehicle is too dangerous to drive in snow and icy conditions.My car is came with out an ABS. I do not know how much improvement you get with ABS. Car slips crazy even at low levels of snow and icy. I am trying get rid off this car for my safety. In dry conditions the car is ok.

ABS must be standard for people safety.

Just bought one
By Luis

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE-R 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought my SE-R a few weeks ago and so far no major complaints. The car looks and handles beautifully. As suggested I made sure to get it with the side air bags for extra safety and also got the Sirius satellite radio ( a must have feature in any car).

Looks beautiful in and out. And the performance of this sedan are awesome. Went from a Toyota Landcruiser to this so there is some getting used to but I am loving the gas mileage!!

The a/c vents are not ideal for adjusting air to the back of the car. Also the cover for the moonroof lets in some light.

NissanMan
By nissanman

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE-R 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great Car! Fun to drive engine too powerful for front wheel drive. Needs to have Nav option

Powerful engine

Rear wheel drive or AWD

2006 SE-R Automatic
By Rob

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE-R 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

For the money one of the best sports sedans on the road. Linear speed, top- of-the line tires and wheels, and great- looking to boot! Had it for one month and I look forward to driving it every chance I get. Carries 3 kids in comfort in the back and rides beautifully. Does have torque steer but that's normal for a powerful FWD V-6. Make sure to buy the air bag-TCs option for safety. Considered the Acura TL, Maxima, and the Mazdaspeed 6. No regrets about the choice. See below for potential improvements.

Great speed. Aggressive look and stance. Dual stainless exhausts (large). Comfortable seats. BOSE radio - great sound.

Paint job needs work. Attracts dust inside and out like a magnet. Interior covers on storage are a bit flimsy. Lose the gauges and make room for a navigation system.