Used 2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Great family sports car
By Keith

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I was looking for a sporty car to as my personal driver. I wanted manual transmission and power. This car does not disappoint. It looks good, rides great, and fun to shift. Leather and heated seats come in hand in the Chicagoland area. I am not thinking of buying another Nissan for the family vehicle

Favorite Features

Leather, tilt/telescoping wheel, 17 in tires, etc all make for a great package

Suggested Improvements

Shifting from 1st to second and 2nd to third under 'casual' driving is not as smooth as I would like. Nissan says there is no problem.

You can have it all!!!
By Dan

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've had this car for two weeks and it's easily the best car I've ever owned. Want good looks? It's one of the hottest looking sedans on the market. Want space? I'm 6' 4" with a long torso and I've got more head and legroom than I know what to do with (I hit my head in the back seat, however). Want fuel economy? Try about 29 on the highway and 27 in commuting (currently getting 26 and driving somewhat aggressively). Want torque and acceleration? Floor it even in 2nd gear and get tire spin. Watch the Porsche Boxster disappear into your rearview mirror as you hit 60 mph in under 6 seconds. Want reliability? Check Consumer Reports and be impressed.

Favorite Features

REALLY FAST for a family sedan! Clean body lines. This is a true all-in-one vehicle when you don't want to sacrifice anything. Every other car I've test driven lacked in the above-described attributes.

Suggested Improvements

Having cloth armrests seems weird for keeping them clean long term, but they're cozy anyway. Anything else I could critique would contradict the concept of the car, for instance I would like a little tighter handling, but then it would be jarring for road trips. I like it exactly the way it is!

Great car!
By Ryan

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

This has been one of my favorite cars I have owned so far. The V6 is very powerful, and gets great fuel economy with the 5-speed. If I baby the car I can get 27 mpg average every time. Plenty of room, front and back. Huge trunk as well. Overall great car!

Favorite Features

Acceleration, Bose sound system, ride quality.

Suggested Improvements

None.

Perfection getting closer
By Lobo_0250

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

Riding an Altima far few mounths now, I just can say that I'm always more interested in my car. The 250 HP seem to be righr to the wheels, like th full pedal is direct to performances. the only way that car could be optimized is by making the stering wheel a little stiffer. But my heart is giving a BIG 9.5/10.

Favorite Features

The direct link between the gas pedal ant the engine. It 's almost accelerating while you're just thinking about to do.

Suggested Improvements

Getting the direction a little stiffer, maybe the suspension could be a little tighter too. Howerver the handling is realy impressive !

Great car!
By smgon99

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I went from an older Maxima to the Altima. I realized quickly how much car I was getting for the price. The drive is smooth and fun. The interior is super comfortable. I do have two complaints, however: The drive is loud, especially with the larger engine. In addition, I have already managed to lock myself out of the car twice! The interior lock is right above the door handle and very easy to accidently push while opening the door. Otherwise, I would recommend this car to anyone!

Favorite Features

Interior (seats, speakers), fun to drive, fast!

Suggested Improvements

Position of interior door locks, noisy.