Used 2006 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 230 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Truely A Great Car
By Juve

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've seen all these reviews for sometime, had to add to it.

Got mine in 08 with 35k, now it at 172k and still running great. No major issues, just normal wear and tear having to change shocks recently along with the back calipers.

I hope to get another 100k.

Definitely a great car to get if you are looking for something for your college kid , can find cheap good deals for it.

2000 Nissan Altima
By Larry

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

You know that a car will only last as long as you have followed the proper maintenance schedule for the car. I bought this car in 2013 and the previous owner did NOT take care of it. Just dumped it as soon as things started to go wrong. I checked all the oils, fluids and filters and they looked horrible...But the good news is that my son is now driving the same car to college three years later and it continues to performs PAST my expectations. The Altima is now 16 years old and he plans on driving it another two years.

Bought a used Altima that had 150k on it.
By Matt

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

The vehicle it's great to drive every day the stock stereo is clear and has good sound. Upgraded air cleaner helps with mileage and performance. I really like this car for my daily commute. Has room in back for 2 car seats with the center console down.

A Giant Japanese Let-Down
By Ray S

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

While you would expect most mid-size sedans to hit the 100K mile mark before even thinking of having any maintenance issues, with a Nissan, who rate themselves as high or even above Honda and Toyota in quality and reliability, you should expect 150-200k before experiencing problems. I've had several problems with mine since I bought it, and while I have owned it for over 6 years, I've had to do far more than the regular oil and brake changes and basic upkeep of a vehicle. Front axle, wheel bearings, motor mounts, power steering, electronics, you name it; I've had to put a lot of extra money into it to keep it running well, and it still hasn't hit the 107k mile mark. I love the acceleration and power you get from the Altima, but I'm ready to get rid of it and try something else - it's turning into a money pit far sooner than it should. Sure there may be Altima's out there with 200K and not a problem, but that wasn't my experience, and it has definitely soured me on ever purchasing a Nissan again.

Best car I have ever owned.
By Bruce

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car with 42,000 miles and now have 252,000. I have had no problems with the engine or transmission. I always used Mobil 1 synthetic and 5-30 weight because of the close tolerance machining of Japanese engines. I have my transmission flushed every 50,000.
It has power but I drive it very gentle now because of the high mileage. The only thing I don't like is that it seems to pull to the right all the time just a little. I think it is from the acceleration of the front wheel drive. I put new tires on and had a laser alignment and still had a slight pull. The tires have always wore out perfectly even. I do tire rotation every 5,000.
I did have to replace the radiator, battery, starter,shocks and struts. Changing out the front light bulbs is a pain. The last time I had an engine light turn on is because I forgot to change out the spark plugs at 100,000 and actually went 120,000 miles on them.
This car has been my most favorite car with the least maintenance I have ever owned.