Used 2006 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Best car I have ever owned.
By Bruce

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car with 42,000 miles and now have 252,000. I have had no problems with the engine or transmission. I always used Mobil 1 synthetic and 5-30 weight because of the close tolerance machining of Japanese engines. I have my transmission flushed every 50,000. It has power but I drive it very gentle now because of the high mileage. The only thing I don't like is that it seems to pull to the right all the time just a little. I think it is from the acceleration of the front wheel drive. I put new tires on and had a laser alignment and still had a slight pull. The tires have always wore out perfectly even. I do tire rotation every 5,000. I did have to replace the radiator, battery, starter,shocks and struts. Changing out the front light bulbs is a pain. The last time I had an engine light turn on is because I forgot to change out the spark plugs at 100,000 and actually went 120,000 miles on them. This car has been my most favorite car with the least maintenance I have ever owned.

Just reach 160K Running great
By Juve

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

i had gotten car at 35k in 08, havent given me any issues since then. just a week ago reaching 160 replaced all shock and shruts since mine was worn out. Also had water pump replaced with spark plugs. besides those major stuff, car has been performing great and still gives great mileage. havent had transmission or timing chain issue. i fell this car can go another 100k easily. cant complain on this car, if very spacious inside and a good size trunk. i prefer this over the recent altimas out

2006 NIssan Altims
By fohne

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Immediate recall on engine. Replaced within first month. Never was truly happy with car, paint job went bad after 5 yars. 9 years later head cracked, not indicator lights or any prior warning.

love at first drive..
By Harley

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I planned on buying a civic si later that day but I was strolling through dealerships with my sister checking out various cars for no reason. I drove past the Altima and she mentioned it and I backed up. I started checking it out and I slowly liked it more and more. The dealership owner let me test drive it. I accidentally peeled out leaving the dealership and was very impressed with the power. The drive sealed the deal for me. I bought it yesterday and I'm still smiling every time I walk up to the car. It's fast, comfy, decent on gas for the power it has. The stereo is the best I've heard so far. It has a nice security system and drives so smooth. Passing people on the highway or getting to highway speed is no problem At all. She only has 70k on her and besides a few cosmetic flaws, it's a 10-10 condition. I love this car.. Its a secret sports car that's still a 4 door and it feels almost like a luxury car.

Long term owner
By kirkmm

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Nissan Altima 3.5 SE in 2006 and have been very pleased with it over the course of its lifetime. I had no warranty issues and have made sure that regular maintenance has been done. This car has been fun to drive and I enjoy getting into it every day. Overall I am very pleased with this car. Pleasantry aside, I recently needed to have the timing chain replaced. This is not cheap and is a labor intensive job. Aside from the timing chain and other regular maintenance (brakes, battery, et cetera) I have not had any issues with my car. I plan on driving this colloquial tank into the ground.

Fun to drive. Good handling and peppy motor.

Imagine the possibilities if this were rear wheel drive and supercharged and/or turbo'd.

• SUV