Used 2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 S Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Altima

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Love it!!
By kate

2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car was purchased after my '97 Civic was rear-ended and totaled. My family owns 4 Nissans, and we have an 03 altima, so naturally i wanted what i was familiar with. This car was a no-brainer buy, and i love driving it. The radio is great, brakes, steering etc are also phenomenal. I recommend this car to everyone!

Favorite Features

Smooth clutch, beautiful interior (black is gorgeous!), FAST, lots of compartments to store stuff.

Suggested Improvements

Make the steering wheel a little bit narrower (like in the '03), and the clutch might be a little more fun if it was like the SE-R

Great Buy
By M.ENGR

2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the car with 10,000 miles, and I've put on well over 20,000 in less than a year. My gas mileage has been consistently over 30 mpg, and I've averaged almost 33 all summer. No problems at all. Great manual transmission with lots of power. Comfy ride and lots of room in back seat, even for large adults.

Favorite Features

5 speed tranny. Most powerful and torquey 4 cyl I've ever driven (great low-end torque).

Suggested Improvements

It is a little noisy on the road. That's about it.

Love It!!
By Bryan Wickel

2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I was in the market for a new car and was able to pick this up from a friend that deals in used cars. I purchased it with 3200 miles on it, which makes it practically new. Absolutely love it! Very peppy for a 4 cyl. Great room and comfort. Quiet and handles like a dream. Classy looking and looks like a much more expensive car.

Favorite Features

Steering wheel controls for the radio and trip meter. Plenty of power. Lots of room. Handles very well on the road

Suggested Improvements

None to date.

Perfect car for first time new car buyer
By Matt

2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car when I was 18 as a left over brand new. It's my first new car and I have it for 11 months now without a single problem. Fuel mileage is amazing. I don't think I've ever had under 25mpg in the city which is rare for a car of this size. 5-speed is almost to easy to drive. I think this is a perfect car for anyone who wants to buy new affordable car but doesn't want a compact.

Favorite Features

Reliabllity, fuel mileage, comfort. I get a compliment everytime I have a back seat passenger about how big and comfortable the car is.

Suggested Improvements

ABS, and traction control should be standard. Car is not very good in the snow.

Awesome
By Martin Brumback

2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

We have owned this car for about 6 months now and have no complaint excellent car would recommend to anyone the 4 cyl motor has endless power which you don,t see in many 4cyl engines