Used 2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

great car so far
By erin

2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2.5 SL used a few months ago after trading in my hummer H3 (i know, big change), and have not been disappointed yet. Fun car to drive, gets great gas mileage. average around 28 mpg. Only problem was 3 days after buying it, came out of a store and the battery was dead. Got a jump and called Nissan and they told us to either call and have it towed in (they would reimburse us), or go buy a battery and they would reimburse us for it, which they did with no problem. Have no problem driving in the rain, car does great but have yet to drive it in the snow... i know that's a big complaint with a lot of people. Has a lot of wind noise in driver side door. Other than that, great car.

sporty, great pickup (even in the 2.5L), love the bose audio system and steering wheel controls

none so far

first nissan for me
By special

2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

although i looked at several cars the altima seemed to be the best buy for the money. it rides good, and is a good looking car. it has most of the nice options that add a lot of dollars that a lot of other cars charge a lot extra for. i got the 2.5 special model although i got hurt and have not been able to drive as much as i would have normal i have no complaints at this time

the storage compartments placed in all the right places.leg room as i am heavy and tall it is easy to get in and out trunk space is good for a mid sized car. it also handles well on the highway

i could do without the yellow lenses on the dash gauges.there is an annoying glare from the dash to wind shield on a sunny day

Excellent
By Kristen

2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

When I am behind the wheel I feel so powerful I automatically have a smile on my face I can say I am in love with my car.....

THe lights, the seats

air vents in the back

New Altima
By M.A. Davis

2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Getting 23-24 mpg in town, 30-31 highway. Steering is easy, parking even easier. All accessories work well and are within easy reach of driver. Has back support for comfort. Get loads of compliments on design and color (pewter)

Multiple compartments for storage

I would like to have had automatic locks on the doors.

The Real Deal
By Donna

2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought a new Altima. It is really a great drive, now that I have it in gear. Okay, so I thought 3D was drive, didn't realize for the first 3 weeks I was driving in 3rd gear. Okay, confession two, I was going to return it because it didn't feel like I thought a new car should. Finally, put it in drive for real this time; and oh my goodness. The drive of my life. This car is a different ride than my 2000 Altima. totally different car.

Sun Roof, mute on radio, dte, trip on steering wheel, mode on steering wheel

Navigation systems should be in all models with leather seats